LCP Max - polish chamber and ramp?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bad Barlow

Blackhawk
After ten minutes of Dremel work, the LCP Max loads and extracts properly. I won't call it flawless until after another few trips to the range, but it looks good.
As for buying another gun, there's nothing (late 2022) on the market that competes with this one's combination of size, capacity, sights, and (now) reliability. It's become my edc.
I'm not clear on how polishing the ramp would help with fte's, but time will tell, shoot it a bunch before you bet your life on it!

Hvymax, you answered the question I asked of notaguru...
It's not irredeemable but needs a little work. Kinda like my Kel Tec P11 from the early 90's. It seems that Ruger has gotten away from what they do well to jump on the Mee Too striker bandwagon. I'm truly amazed at it's accuracy with the dot but the striker design sucks. The back plate to access the striker is almost impossible to remove without damaging the gun. It's like they are making throwaway guns of the year with no interchangeability instead of reliable and serviceable firearms than can go on for decades.

After ten minutes of Dremel work, the LCP Max loads and extracts properly. I won't call it flawless until after another few trips to the range, but it looks good.
As for buying another gun, there's nothing (late 2022) on the market that competes with this one's combination of size, capacity, sights, and (now) reliability. It's become my edc.
Same thing I am dealing with my Max 9. Light striking. Even after a stronger striker spring it barely dents the primers. I'll probably have to make a new striker with a longer firing pin protrusion and heat treat and temper it before I'll have a reliable gun that I trust. I wasn't expecting this from a Ruger.

I wound up using a mill cutter to deepen the striker channel. That along with the new spring and I'm fully confident in my Max9. It's my full time EDC. I haven't carried my LCP in months. The Max9 has amazed me. I shoot it as well as my open class IDPA gun at 25yds. I ran a mag through it yesterday with only 1 shot in the 9. I did double taps chest head alternating till the slide locked back after 6 seconds.