LCP Finger Extensions - RUGER or PEARCE or ???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
Just curious, what kind of finger extensions you may have on your LCP magazines?

I know Ruger makes one and Pearce has one as well.

Just curious what yours may be and any potential comparisons that may exist (materials, space between floor plate and frame) and your overall experience with them!?!

Please let me know ASAP.

Thank you for your time~

OMG

Bearcat
I use the one from Ruger that came with the gun.

I like it

AZ Outlaws

Bearcat
I have both and prefer the Pearce, it's a little bit longer than the Ruger. I bought one of the first LCPs that came out... they didn't have the finger extensions then. Pearce came out with theirs first, so I bought a couple. Later I got the Ruger ones when the LCP came back from the recall...

AZ Outlaws

Bearcat
Here is the Pearce extension....

InBox073.jpg

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
AZ Outlaws":360tqz0r said:
Here is the Pearce extension....
Thank you for the pic; that does not look bad at all. I have a couple that are made by Scherer and well, they are pitiful to say the least. There is a gap between the floor plate and the magazine bottom.

alienbogey

Bearcat
I think the best thing you can do is try each and see which one fits YOUR hand best.

I ordered the Pearce thinking that I would like the extra length better; but a 5 minute comparison of first gripping the LCP with the Ruger extension followed by the Pearce, then repeating, made my realize that for MY hand the Ruger was better.

YMMV.

They aren't very expensive to test and you can likely sell the ones you don't like.

P.S. Anyone want to buy my Pearce extensions? : )

Ethang

Blackhawk
I have never understood why some people buy a small handgun to conceal and then make it bigger with a finger extension. Numerous people at work bought baby Glocks and then made then mid size Glocks with finger extensions.

In most cases the grip is the hardest thing to conceal. I have very large hands and do not add extensions. I own a LCP and shoot it with the standard grip. It takes a bit more practice but shoots fine.