LCP Custom

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
Just picked up my new LCP Custom. Won't get to shoot it till tomorrow though. I'm gonna do some of my own bullet testing. I have Hornady's custom & critical defense ammo, Remington Golden Saber's, Federal Hydra Shok's, and 90gr XTP & Gold Dot reloads.
My first opinion is this is a simple no frills summer carry gun.
My one question is how do you remove the firing pin?

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
Here's some bullets I fired. The 2 on the left were fired into water jugs, a Federal HST & a Win. Black Talon. The 2 on the right were fired into some magazines, a Gold Dot & XTP.

I all so shot on paper & at 50ft. I must say it shot pretty damn good for a pocket gun. About 80% hits on a paper plate off the bench.
Probably shot 200rds using about 10 different bullet styles without a hiccup.
Over all I'm very satisfied. Now all I need is a good wallet holster.

Laszlo

Bearcat
Posted this on another forum. My initial impressions.

Replaced my S&W bodyguard with the new LCR Custom. Glad I did. Never could get the bodyguard to feed reliably and with numerous light strikes pretty much soured me. Even did the Galloway upgrade and had same problems. Cleaned it numerous times and broke it in with over 500 rounds. Same results. It shoots good....when it shoots. I really want to like it but its too unreliable. Its going up for sale. I think S&W rushed this into production without adequate testing during development.

Overall I really like the way the LCR shoots. The Custom addresses nearly all the objections I had with the original. I added the Hogue grip and 7 round mag which makes it almost ideal for my purposes.

The last round slide lock is still an annoyance. Tried the hold open mag followers but couldn't get the mags seated and locked. Back they'll go unless anyone has a better solution.

With the Hogue grip installed the mag release button is too recessed and difficult to push. I'll work on that. Maybe just needs more lube and break in or some maybe Sugru glued on it to raise it a little.

Slide lock is STIFF....and too small for my big sausage fingers. Maybe just needs more cleaning, lube and break in.

Painted front sight with Testors Gloss White. Easy to see now. The glow in the dark sight as shipped is useless.

Fits in the front pants pocket with Sticky holster real good. Hardly know its there.

Its a keeper.

Latest posts