LC9s?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

vito

Hunter
The LC9s is my EDC and I am very happy with this pistol. My son-in-law has applied for his concealed carry license and asked me for recommendations as to what pistol he should buy, and I recommended the LC9s. When I went to look at the current list price on the Ruger website I could not find this gun at all, only the cheaper EC9s that I know nothing about. Does Ruger still make and sell the LC9s? If not, is the EC9s a good choice? Otherwise I will tell him to consider a Glock 26.

hittman

Staff member
I “think” the only difference is the EC9 has more of a plain Jane finish like cerekote.

Regardless, I’d steer him to a Glock 43.

unionprez

Single-Sixer
The EC9s has an integrated sight in the rail and the LC9s has a 3 dot drift adjustable sight, I carry a LC9s and it's a great cc gun, very accurate. You can still get them, just google LC9s for sale and you will find options, good luck.

vito

Hunter
But is Ruger still manufacturing new LC9s's? Might not matter if he can find a NIB at a local gun shop, but just curious.

unionprez

Single-Sixer
I don't think Ruger is still making them. If they're not on the Ruger website, I'd say they're not.

mac66

Single-Sixer
Rural King has some LC9s listed. The only one in stock at this time is this one.

https://www.rkguns.com/ruger-lc9s-with-hi-viz-sights-9mm-7rd-3-12-pistol-3270.html

When my brother got his carry permit last summer I found him a used LC9s on a local gun forum pretty cheap. The one I found for him had never been carried and rarely shot.

grand_cru

Bearcat
As far as I can tell Ruger still makes the LC9S--I just bought one today from my local Basspro for $349. It has some nice sights on it--fiber-optic sights--two reds in back and a green one in front. I think this is a pretty good buy. Will take it to the range tomorrow to see how well my weary eyes can take advantage of the sights.

Mike J

Hunter
If anyone is interested I just noticed today that Palmetto State Armory has the EC9s for $259.99.