LC9s - bad extractor?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OldePhart

Blackhawk
@MountainWalker - that is my guess too. I would have thought all that stuff was done on CNC machines but maybe somebody messed up the programming and they made a batch of bad slides or something. It's a shame because it really was a nice pistol...well...once I polished the salmon ladder until it resembled a feed ramp, anyway. :)

If your extractor is holding nice and snug like that you probably won't have any of the extraction issues. Test all your mags from full to empty with your defensive ammo and you'll probably be okay.

John

werewolf

Bearcat
I know this is an old thread but problems still exist. What's that old saying "Insanity is doing the the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome". Well I have a new EC9S and the extractor does not flex. I can push it outward and it does not pop back inward. I have a new spring, plunger and extractor coming. They say there is a new style plunger. We will see. And I haven't even shot it yet.

hittman

Staff member
:lol:

I feel your pain but finally got the hint. Heck I even owned an LC9s which by the way pinched my trigger finger.

A man at Ruger told me on the phone I'd get used to that.

Both got traded for a G43 that works great.

werewolf

Bearcat
I just don't get it. How can Ruger or any manufacturer for that matter have the same problem over and over and not rectify it? This thread is from 2015 and you mean to tell me they still haven't got the extractor function fixed? If they test fire them, as they say they do, can't the tech just see if the dam extractor sticks? Or the guy assembling the slide. Hey bozo just push on the extractor to see if it works. It makes one think, rightly or wrongly, that they don't care. Let's just send the guns out there and let's see how many we can slip by the jerks. Heck, it's not just guns. Look at the Takata air bag debacle. They knew their air bags were bad and people got maimed and killed.

hittman

Staff member
I'm a slow learner and finally set my standards a bit higher for semi auto hand guns. Ya get what you pay for and with a $300 polymer gun ..... that ain't much.

Love my Ruger MKII's and 1911's but not-so-much on the others.

Other semi's I have now include Glock, Sig, Walther (PP and PPK) and Colt.

werewolf

Bearcat
Yeah, but I've seen high end guns with problems that shouldn't be. Not for the dough you're dishing out.