LC9 trade in

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Good question but ....... think I'll see what kind of a deal my LGS will shoot me on trading mine.

Safe to assume the mags are interchangeable? I've got 3 mags for my LC9.

ADP3

Single-Sixer
Yes, the mags are the same so you're good to go there.

Best Regards,
ADP3

Virginia Boy

Bearcat
Too bad , they didn't do this earlier. :(
I traded my LC9, for a LC9s, and was allowed $225.00,
for the LC9. I paid $ 359.00 for it new.
The LC9s, is a much better gun.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Way to go Ruger, you won't see Glock doing that for ordinary citizens.

If you like the standard LC9 better get one, I think it is pretty obvious that model is going to be walking the plank soon.

6gun

Hunter
I received that notice from Ruger and I'm wondering what Ruger motive is behind this, is Ruger buying trade in's back from the dealer to get them out of the hands of the public cause of problems with the gun?

Either way it will cost you out of pocket most LGS I know want to give you less than half of what you paid for anything, since Ruger is leaving it up to the dealer to decide the price they pay for the old gun we will be keeping the LC9 we have, we will be loosing to much money to trade it in even with the $100 credit at the Ruger store.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I think Ruger wants to discontinue the standard LC9, this is a way of easing the transition. I believe the LC9 was rushed to market because Ruger didn't want to miss out on the mini 9 fad, Ruger came up with a design similar to other wildly popular guns and launched it, same with the LCP. In the mean time they worked on the LC9S which is more like what they intended. The S version has one of the sweetest triggers I've encountered on an autoloader, really that is the design they should've used on the SR series.

Most people I know who bought the LC9 say they like the manual safety but not the long DAO pull. This would be a good way for them to upgrade.