Latest trade..........

Help Support Ruger Forum:

last weekend, we swapped off one of our 5 digt BKH36s for this little sweetie................

1917smith45ACP.jpg

A military marked 1917 S&W handejector, in a .45 ACP, appears to be in the 1918 vintage.

then to keep things 'interesting' and to help a fellow collector out, we swapped our RSS9W for this stainless Vaquero, in a 44-40.......

aVaq44-40rt.jpg

all in all, a good week.......................

Quietdood

Bearcat
I really like that S&W. Among other movie appearances I believe that was Indiana Jones' gun. :)

1RugerFan_33

Single-Sixer
Rugerguy, a question for you. And yes, Im being serious...

Will you shoot that Smith? I am just curious, 'cause, lets face it, you would know if it's been shot; betting it has. I know you're a collector and all, and that's cool (I do not pretend to be such; my wallet won't let me)...but sometimes...don't things like that nag at ya a little; give you an itch?

Even a little scratch? :wink:

I ask only because of envy :D Back when you could get those "used" ones from Brazil for $200, I wasn't old enough to own a handgun yet :cry: ; lusted after 'em ever since...my favorite S&W, bar none...and those $200 specimens aren't any more.

Having said all that...I'spose I would put a zip tie on yours and let it rest, too.

That sure is a pretty piece.

So many guns; so little time.
What's a guy to do?

No Sir, I have no plans to shoot this one...I have ,over the years and yes, they were those 'low cost' models we were able to get so often(yes, $17 Lugers and $20 carbines) and yes, I still have my $116 'DCM' Garand, shoots into 2 inches at 200 yards...still to this day....I often say you can still shoot them, don't rde 'em hard and put 'em away wet....with proper care and the fact the guns are "in time"...they will not cause additionla wear and harm,but I have reached the point where to me, they are more 'collectible' and as you hear , I am also one of the "temporary custodians" of many of these fine guns...I am usually the middle man, and have put lots of these guns into collections of others' ( thats the book I should write............."The Guns That I Once Owned"......) :roll: