Latest Project for local military museum

Help Support Ruger Forum:

David LaPell

Blackhawk
A co-worker owns a small military museum and he has been requesting some models to go along with some of his displays. The one he requested the most was the USS Laffey DD-724 (there was an earlier USS Laffey sunk prior in the war). This ship was actually a combination of two ships, and I wanted to do something different with the base instead of just printing out a label like I have in the past. The case has a clear cover that will protect the model, it just didn't photograph well.
Picture1023.jpg

Picture1036.jpg

Picture1035.jpg

Picture1034.jpg

Picture1032.jpg

americal

Hunter
GREAT job :!: it takes time to do this type of thing to help in such a cause--- good for you --my g.uncle was killed on the USS. REID off phillippines :( war was almost over :!:

M'BOGO

Buckeye
Beautiful work. On behalf of all the folks who won't have the chance to thank you, thank you.
Was it a straight build, or did you kitbash and change details to represent that day?

David LaPell

Blackhawk
The ship was a combination of two 1/700 kits, an old Albatros Sumner and a Skywave Gearing. All of the guns, davits, boats, and smaller parts came from the Gearing, with the hull and main parts of the Sumner. The screw heads are now black and you can no longer see them as much.