Latest Old model find..........

Help Support Ruger Forum:

from the last Berea gun show, all in all a very good show....we got this one from an antique dealer early Saturday morning............

aBKH45X45-07893.jpg

letters as a BKH45X from July 1971............the 'long Colt' cylinder was replaced, and the "spare" acp cylinder ( original) is numbered to the gun, and unfired..........

cherokee, I'm taking it to the Medina show ,on the 12th...was gonna show it to YOU, was talking with Bill this morning and he said we're hoping to see you there......let us know......... :wink:

45Colt_Man

Blackhawk
Got one like that myself, except I don't have the box.
Checked with Ruger before sending it in to have the colt cylinder replaced. They assured me no problem. Waited about a month and get a letter from Ruger saying I have to fill out this form to modify my gun for transfer bar safety before they'll work on it. My response was "You obviously have not even looked at the gun, as it already has your safety modification." So two weeks wasted there. Finally got it back and headed to the range, (after putting the original parts back in) with my handloads. Loaded up and the cylinder would'nt turn after loading. After a few minutes of cussing Ruger I determined the primers here setting proud and rubbing. Changed ammo and have had a sweet shooter since. :lol:

PS
I now load primers with a hand held tool instead of letting the progressive screw them up.

Nice find by the way.

Dana

flatgate

Hawkeye
Dan,
Cool gun, despite the 'rebuild' at Ruger. My first impression is refinished, as well, but I'll certainly trust your observations. The "accessories" are NICE!
WOW!

I found this one in a shop in Riverton, WY.
12758483.jpg

All I had to do was add some nicer grips and a Super hammer (and the rest of the OM Lockwork.) Note the NM cylinder......and it does indeed shoot very well.

flatgate

contender

Ruger Guru
Lets hope you can find a "proper" cylinder for that nice OM! But,, if someone is just looking for a shooter,,, hey don't bother!

Flatgate, it's original with the "spare" ( marked ) cylinder in 'ACP', came from a gunshop and it was kept in 'inventory' almost like a "sales" sample, never was fired, but had "handling' marks here and there, ,though the cylinder was hardly turned.........we came up with the 45 long Colt cylinder, from a new model....thus the "price' was way down from "retail/market....." blue book or RENE....shows the "marks" of most all of that 'vintage' (era) from assembly at Ruger......we can come up with another "old model" LongColt cylinder, but just don't want to put the "extra" into it, as we aren't gonna keep it ourselves.........when these guys come up with any of this "estate" stuff, we try and NOT say "no",or they don't come back..........hell, they can sell it themselves....... :roll:

So that means that somewhere in the "estate" is the original .45 Colt cylinder, hidden in a sock drawer or tool box, that nobody knows is there or would even recognize it as a gun part if they stumble over it. Sad.

:roll:

Latest posts