Latest Acquisitions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Here are my newest collection additions:

GF-84NYCPD, this is a true double action only (no SA notch on hammer), the hammer was bobbed at the factory, NYCPD armorer star stamped on crane. According to Chad, not too many of these are around.

Next up is a SDA-84 marked Police Service Six. So what you say, they made a lot of them. Yes they did, however, this one is a high back frame with a 150 prefix (s/n makes the born on date 1974). The box (red with white logo) is marked Jan 1973, the manual P2-25-4-73 and it has the complete warranty card.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Nice Snags!
That 150 prefix gun with the Type II frame is a dandy, my SDA-84 Type II is an early #151-35218.

Now you need a GS-83NYCPD also if you don't already have one. Never ends!
Terry

If I find a GS-83NYCPD then I'll have a three gun set as I also have a KGPFNY-841 (matte finish). Then I have to find the KGPFNY-831 (matte) and the KGPFNY-841 (brushed finish and spur hammer, I think this one is gonna be tough to find) to complete the NYCPD set. Yes, it seems that it is a never ending quest, but it is a fun quest.

Terry T

Buckeye
I think I'm beginning to have competition for these Six Series double actions now. :D

Great scores! Nice clean examples.
Terry T

eveled

Hawkeye
Nice guns! I especially like the dao service six.

I am curious about the serrations, on the top of the hammer. I am not used to seeing them on a dao revolver. What purpose would this serve without the without the single action notch?

Terry T

Buckeye
"eveled",
Ruger made up a bunch of spurless SA / DA hammers and offered them as a 'Speed Hammer' for concealed carry. They then took this 'standard' hammer and removed the single action notch when a police contract called for DAO. Externally, the hammers look the same. Only way to tell on an assembled gun it to see if it holds a single action cock.
I've found these hammers on GP-100s and the Six Series double actions.
The Ca. ABC folks ordered Speed Sixs with the spurless hammer that, in fact, was SA /DA and could be cocked for SA. On the other hand, New York City ordered the DAO version.
Hope this helps,
Terry T

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Hey Ron, congrats on both of these Service Sixes!

Especially the 150 prefix SDA-84. Yours is now the lowest known high back -Six of any type as far as I'm aware at 150-94411. I have 150-94446 which previously held that honor and was bought new by my dad. It is also a SDA-84. In .357, I have high back 150-97027 which is a SDA-32 and have seen at least one other.

If you have anything interesting to trade, I do happen to have a spare GS-83NYCPD :D

WMG,
I'll have to do some looking. I'm picking up 5 Six series made in 1976 (Stainless Security in 2 3/4, 4, 6, Stainless Service 2 3/4, Stainless Speed 2 3/4) from the DK Hummel collection at the end of Oct. Then I can see what all trading material (or cash) I have on hand.

If there is anything in particular you are looking for (or want), drop me a PM.