Late SHOT Show Pics

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hipshot

Single-Sixer
I wanted to post these earlier so.......better late than never. It was great to meet these gentlemen and some for the second time.

IMG_0368.jpg
[/img]
IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
Wow, cool pics!

Leesburg? My Grandpa lived on S. College St. back in the '40's and 50's and early 60's. He was a "handyman" in Leesburg. I remember going on "service calls" to the downtown Drug Store to fix the "cooler" and out to a nearby boathouse on a nearby lake ( yeah, like a lake every 1/4 mile!) to fix a boat, etc.

flatgate

contender

Ruger Guru
Great pics!
I missed Hugh. I met the Gunny,, and while I saw Boge & Jeff,, I figured a pic of the 3 of us would destroy my camera,,,! :D

45Colt_Man

Blackhawk
I have a good friend in Leesburg. His dad owned a septic pumping company. Slogan "If your septic is a spillin call Dillon."
Good pics of people I'd like to meet also.

Dana

Hipshot

Single-Sixer
Flatgate, We had a short conversation about Leesburg right here on this forum about a year or two ago if you might recall. We have only been here in Fl. for about seven years having relocated from Pa. & N.J. and are actually about eight miles south of the city we refer to as sleezeburg. What you remember as the Minute Maid o.j. facility is now Catrale o.j. The street your grandpa lived on is right off W. Main St. Some of the best bass fishing in the state is right here in Lake County.

For you other fellas I'm posting one more pic taken at the Shot show and I'm hoping the gentleman in it with me doesn't mind. You may have seen his story I believe on the History channel. In case you don't recognize him, he is the retired ATF agent who went undercover for about 2 1/2 years and infiltrated one of the most dangerous motorcycle gangs in this country, the Mongols. It was a surprise and my distinct pleasure to meet him as I had no idea he would be at the show. In fact I must tell you that with me being retired law enforcement it was the absolute highlight of the show for me. His name is Billy Queen aka Billy St. John and if you would like to learn more about him and his career, I suggest you google his name along with the word "Mongols". He has a book out called Under and Alone which is an excellent read. I read it and immediately re-read it, it was that good. I'm not absolutely sure but I believe there is a movie about his life in the works and Mel Gibson is supposedly or tentatively on tap to play him. Here's the pic.
IMG_0364.jpg

Swampbilly

Single-Sixer
Cool...I've also read the book and it is a great read and very interesting story and view inside the inner workings of the large biker organizations.

Regards,

MD