Last Ruger Great Eight?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
I have a Great 8 coming in next week that is a little of a mystery. Serial number is 224-80547 according to RENE highest known serial number is 224-75123. According to Ruger it did not ship until 2007. Great 8s originally shipped 2001. And Mark IIs were discontinued in 2005. And according to owner came in yellow and black cardboard box. Has correct label on box only it is orange and not yellow. I am thinking by 2007 they were out of the 10" gray plastic boxes for MKIIs and used the cardboard box. It is NIB. And that makes #5 Great 8 that I have. So I already own earliest known number and now may have highest number as well.

1gunsnotenough

Where do you find them, I have been searching for a NIB example for a few years now and am willing to pay a fair price, but everyone seems to think they are worth more than I do and they are not ANIB to boot!!

Beautiful gun, I am a little jealous....but seriously, congrats on another excellent find....my search continues.

Get Wood

Single-Sixer
1gunsnotenough: Thank-you, I Happen To See One Last Mo. At A Gun Show. If Memory Serves He Was Asking Around $1000.00. ANIB. And I Had Never Heard Of One. Now One Pops Up Hear. Thanks For The Info.