Lasers from other than Crimson Trace and Lasermax

Help Support Ruger Forum:

vito

Hunter
I am looking for recommendations here on any other reputable companies that make laser sights for handguns, other than Crimson Trace and Lasermax. I have several Crimson Trace lasers and I am happy with them, but my repeated inquiries to that company about which model would work on my Glock 26, Gen 5, have gone unanswered. Lasermax told me that their lasers for the Gen 3 and 4 of that gun will not fit the Gen 5 and that they do not make a model yet for that particular gun. So where else should I be looking? Right now my EDC is my Ruger LC9s with a Crimson Trace Lasergrip sight but I want to have a bit more capacity than that gun holds, thus the Glock in question. Anyone with advice?

kramden

Blackhawk
Seems like most others are Chinese junk. I tried a Laser Tac rechargeable lazer sight. Complete waste of money. Charge it and it works fine. Put it away for a week or so and it's dead. Chinese garbage.

Skoopski

Single-Sixer
I'm pleased with Armalaser. Don't know if they have one exactly for that model. But worth asking.

Also try Viridian

kmoore

Buckeye
Crimson trace as of 3 years ago will sell at cost to cops and military, current and retired. I drove the 25 miles to the place and picked up mine by showing my ID. Sorry, I now live over 400 miles away or else would gladly check.

contender

Ruger Guru
Crimson Trace is now owned by the S&W company ownership,, and at the last SHOT Show,, had a MUCH smaller presence than in years past.
And have you noticed that Ruger stopped offering CT grips?

I haven't tried any LaserMax,, or any others. I wish I could offer more info.

Rook

Blackhawk
I've tried several different brands of lasers over the years and Crimson Trace is heads and shoulders above the rest in my opinion. They're more expensive if you buy them new but they're worth it.

I've had a set of CT grips on my S&W 340PD since that model gun first came out from S&W which was over 18 years ago. I bought them used off of ebay for $120 bucks and they're still working perfectly and I carry this gun everyday. Batteries last so long I can't remember the last time I replaced them.

Funny story about those grips. I was at an outdoor shooting range in Birmingham, AL one time shooting at some steel targets they had and they were in the shade where I could see the laser dot really well. I was shooting my gun from waist level using the laser. The guy that was running the range was standing outside the store building that's up a ways from the range where he couldn't see that I was using a laser.

As I was leaving the range later I went in store building and bought a few things and as I walked up to the cash register he said that was some really good shooting you were doing with that little snubby. He said most people can't shoot those guns from a regular stance as good as you were from your waist. I just smiled and thanked him for the compliment and never told him any different. :D

aommVMN.jpg

Rook

Blackhawk
I found a laser in one of my junk boxes that I bought sometime in the past that I don't even know what brand it is but it still works.

I mounted it on an AR-15 just for the heck of it and surprisingly it works very well like that. I don't know how it would work if I fired off 4 or 5 30 round mags in rapid fire with it that close to the barrel? It might melt it but just firing a few rounds at a time it works just fine.

L3YjNWu.jpg

Hawk-in-Wi

Buckeye
some of the C/T stuff is Chinese junk , I just purchased a new Sccy CPX-2 last month that came with a C/T CTS-1500 on it, sticker on it said made in China . It lasted 20 rounds before it quit, had to send it back to the factory and it was replaced ,took about 2 weeks and cost me just under $12 in shipping

vito

Hunter
recumbent said:
Why not just call Crimson Trace and talk to somebody??

I called and got a recorded message saying that due to Covid19 they are only accepting contacts via email. Several emails to them have not received any responses at all. Quite frustrating that I am ready to spend my money on their product but cannot even get them to tell me which of their products would fit my handgun.

Aqualung

Blackhawk
Frankly, I'm surprised, as I had great luck with Crimson Trace's customer service.

I bought a Railmaster Pro from a vendor on fleabay that said the unit was just "open package", but new. I received it and it had been mounted on something and the beam was a bit "scattered" compared to my other, similar unit. I called (during the pandemic, too) and the young woman coached me on trying to clean the lens. That didn't work sufficiently, so I called back and they shipped me a replacement unit. Between the calls and emails, they were very responsive.

That is, though for a "generic" model unit that goes on the rail, not a grip-type or gun-specific unit

If you're not aware also, they have a lifetime battery replacement program as well. You register/apply each year and they send you a new battery for whatever unit you have.

Aqualung

I have a number of Crimson Trace laser grips and also a few of the rail mounts and they have all functioned perfectly.. with that said, my limited experience is their customer service at least via email just plain sucks.... I ordered a grip on line then about a minute later changed my mind and tried to cancel the order on line, could not... sent them an email immediacy requesting they cancel the order.... never got a confirmation of the order or anything then two weeks later got the grip.... sent them an email telling them what happened and a week later finally got an email saying they would take the grip back.... me being me I had decided it was all a message and I just decided to keep the $335 grip and then.... had to purchase another pistol for it to go on.....

Life is too short to own cheap guns... (that's my latest philosophy....)

roylt

Hunter
Google leads to LL810G for gen 5 Glock 26. Trigger guard type.
Good luck,

vito

Hunter
Thanks for the tip about Armalaser. Since Crimson Trace has still not gotten back to me, I may give the green laser from Armalaser a try, which is considerably cheaper than Crimson Trace. I can buy new holsters from Armalaser as well to fit the gun with the trigger guard mounted laser and still spend no more than I would have for the grip mounted Crimson Trace.

Latest posts