Laser for SR9c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
If you have a forward rail, there are many laser options..... I googled SR9C laser and came up with a bunch of options. You can also check out Ebay, do an Ebay search and see a bunch of laser options available as well. I'm sure there are many that will fit your compact....

CanonLyles

Single-Sixer
Viridian is coming out shortly with a green laser and laser/light combo for sub-compact guns. The C5 and C5L.

SR9c-Fan

Bearcat
I've asked Crimson Trace to add the SR9c to their product line. I have one for my S&W M&P that fits into the grip strap and I love it. I would think Crimson Trace could do the same for the Ruger since it has a similar grip feature.

SR9c-Fan

Bearcat
Has anyone out there tried the laserlyte rear sight model? My thought is that it's a huge rear sight and that it would block out a lot of your vision and would be slow to line up with the front sight.

supernac

Bearcat
SR9c-Fan":3dz77omx said:
Has anyone out there tried the laserlyte rear sight model? My thought is that it's a huge rear sight and that it would block out a lot of your vision and would be slow to line up with the front sight.

I ordered on last week, I'll let you know what I think when it gets here.

supernac

Bearcat
SR9c-Fan":ljduhmxa said:

Finally got the laser in and installed (took about 10 minuets) the build quality is excellent. So far I really like it, the sight doesn't really block your view like you think it would. It's super bright indoors, but can be difficult to see when out in sunlight (same with any other laser I've used). The laser can easily be manipulated with your thumb. Replacing the batteries can be kind of tricky, the only downside for me at the moment.

I'm going to take it to the range tomorrow; I'll let you know how it holds zero.

SR9c-Fan

Bearcat
supernac":3q8g8a80 said:
Finally got the laser in and installed (took about 10 minuets) the build quality is excellent.

Does this fit on the OEM sight, or is it an entirely new sight that fits in the dovetail? And, is it adjustable (other than through drifting left or right)?

supernac

Bearcat
SR9c-Fan":3p93l7gh said:
supernac":3p93l7gh said:
Finally got the laser in and installed (took about 10 minuets) the build quality is excellent.

Does this fit on the OEM sight, or is it an entirely new sight that fits in the dovetail? And, is it adjustable (other than through drifting left or right)?

It's an entirely new sight, you drift out the old one. The laser is adjustable for windage and elevation, the iron sight is not, though you could drift the front if you wanted.

supernac

Bearcat
I just got back from the range; I'm not impressed with the laser. The first issue I noticed is that the laser would change modes when firing. At one point I couldn't get the laser to turn off, I had to unscrew the battery cap. I'm guessing these issues are caused by the recoil. I also had an issue when fine tuning for windage, for some reason I lost the ability to move the laser to the left, not sure why. Hopefully crimson trace will come out with a laser for the sr9, this one is going back.

ZZedmonds

Bearcat
I just put the Laserlyte on my SR9c. I was a little disappointed in the windage and elevation adjustments too. I am gonna leave it on until I find something better I like.

ctcdesigner

Bearcat
This is a peek at the new LG449 Laserguard for the SR9c. It should be out mid to late summer.

SR9c4.jpg

SR9c-Fan

Bearcat
ctcdesigner said:
This is a peak at the new LG449 Laserguard for the SR9c. It should be out mid to late summer.

Oh.... I really hope you're not pulling my leg. I really, really want one of these!!!!

ruger_fan

Bearcat
ctcdesigner":qpzv8wt2 said:
This is a peak at the new LG449 Laserguard for the SR9c. It should be out mid to late summer.

SR9c-Fan":qpzv8wt2 said:
Oh.... I really hope you're not pulling my leg. I really, really want one of these!!!!

Times Two!!! Gives me a reason for an early Christmas present to myself! :twisted: