LASER EXPLODES AND.....THE REST OF THE STORY

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dirtdobbertwo

Bearcat
truly outstanding product support and customer service from ruger and crimson trace.
i blow up a lcp and ct laser with my reloads and tell both companies this and i get a new lcp with original serial # ( #s are white?) and a new laser, no charge!

i sent email with pic to ct and asked if i could get laser housing replaced or did they take trade ins. 90 minuets later i got phone call from ct saying he was sending a new laser and pre paid mailer for me to send damaged laser back in.

i called ruger and said if they would give me a email add. i would send them pics of a lcp i had blown up for their scrap book. they said send the gun. i shipped it ups as unusable gun parts for $8 rather than $43 for working gun. ruger rec. gun july 6 and i got new one july 23.

i had no thoughts of contacting either company after the kaboom because it was clearly my fault this happened. after i posted the pics so other reloaders could see what happens when one gets careless, it was suggested that ruger and ct might cut some slack on repairs if i let them know about it. they cut out all the slack. wow.

thanks to the forums
thanks to ruger
thanks to crimson trace
jerry

slippingaway

Blackhawk
Very, very cool. Both companies just made you a lifelong customer, I'm sure. And, by sharing this on the forum, you've probably helped recruit a few more for them.

Glad everything worked out for you, now BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR RELOADING!! :wink:

Its tales like these that make me believe that good customer service still DOES exist. DEFINITELY above and beyond the call of duty on the count of EACH company. AND as for you good sir. Your LUCKY many times over for the end result of your KB you caused yourself. Lucky you were not injured, lucky you didn't have to pay much if anything at all to get everything replaced.

No matter how bad it may have seemed, I consider this a success story

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Great to hear but it pisses me off just the same. I had all kinds of issues with my SR9. None of the problems were my fault in any way. It took Ruger over a year of headaches and hassle and sending the gun multiple times before they replaced the gun because they were unable to fix it. Hell I guess I should of just blown the damn thing up and my problems would of been taken care of much quicker. I just don't get the inconstancy of Rugers customer service as of late. Again I am glad things worked out for you. As far as the serial number goes it is stamped on a block that fits into the frame. So I sure they just but the block from your pistol into a new one. Good idea on Rugers part. Now if you have a problem with the frame they don't have to scrape the serial number.

18jms

Bearcat
So can we see the pictures or is this another one of those threads where were suppose to blindly believe ?