Lake Mary,Fl. ammo report

Help Support Ruger Forum:

the fatman

Single-Sixer
:D Noticed that there seems to be some interest in ammo availability around the country. So I checked out the local gander mountain store today. They had some primers limit 200 per customer. Had some assortment of powders. Then I looked at the ammo which I don't usually pay attention to since I reload. :shock: :shock: They looked like they had most pistol and revolver calibers but the cost. I saw winchester cowboy loads in 45 colt for $50.00 for fifty rounds. And the other stuff was high also. Wow!

pvtschultz

Blackhawk
Yeah, Gander tends to charge more than my local gun stores which are only a few miles away. I am having a hard time even going to the store any more and would rather make the 40 mile drive to Cabela's. My local gander had Federal Large Pistol, CCI Sm Rifle Mag, some small pistol, and lots of shot gun primers. I bought 200 of the Fed LP for $4.99/100 :shock: only because I needed them. Another store in the area has had some LR primers (which I need desparately now...).

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
My Gander Mountain up in central Florida is even worse in this case. Wanted some plastic ammo boxes, 50 and 100 shell kind. Every one of their boxes was $4.99. So I ordered elsewhere for $1.87 for the 50-size and about $3 each for the 100-size.
That kind of markup is darned near sinful.
Sonnyoo

McP

Bearcat
Hoosier,

I've noticed the same. I frequently check the LM Gander also. They seem to keep a fairly good inventory, but dang, they are pricey! On the bright side, I am seeing a better supply showing up (or sticking around) at the Walmart's lately. I'm also noticing Powder is becoming more plentiful. Now if we could only find those primers.

Hey, you dont do any casting do ya?

Anthony Orr

Bearcat
I get my .22 and 7.62 x 39 at Wal-Mart for way below Ganders price. For the reloading I do, Gander still has pretty good supplies. Found some Federal small rifle primers there for the first time in a year, still looking for Federal large rifle. Bullets and cases have always been in pretty good supply.

They want $599 for a Vaquero. Keep dreaming!