KY. Sold pending funds. leather belt. 44in. long,1 3/4 wide

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tallbald

Buckeye
Here's general information about what I'm doing. Particulars for each specific belt are below this text:
Some here are familiar with my custom laminated leather belts I've been crafting for several years. I decided this year to stop offering them at craft shows because I cannot/will not compete with imports and junk offered at regional shows around us that are more like flea markets. So I'm selling my show samples. I will continue to custom craft my belts to order. There are several I'll be selling, and I'll list them here a while before putting them online elsewhere.
These belts are new old stock and may have handling marks that I will highlight if I find any. All are Hermann Oak leather, two layers cemented and sewn well together with smooth sides facing outward. I hand dip dye and finish them, and I burnish edges well for ease sliding through belt loops. They are leather conditioned, and finished with several coats of Fiebing's Resolene acrylic top coat and Fiebing's Carnuba creme wax. Buckles are either solid brass or solid stainless steel, and are attached with screw posts for security but an ability to change out buckles. Stitching is #277 nylon at about 6 stitches per inch sewn on my saddle sewing machine, Bertha Jo.
These are very heavy duty belts that resist rollover, and are about .2 inch thick. They require break-in but with wearing will begin to conform to the owner's body.
I had to raise prices recently on belts as material costs have risen. But these are old stock crafted at the lower costs I had several years ago, so I'm pricing them at the older range prices.
I'll copy and paste all this general information for each posting so I can avoid retyping it all over again.
Please study the diagram below (on my new order form) that shows exactly how I measure my belt length. Some leather workers do differently, and a factory-made belt labeled one length may not match the way I measure. Best practice is to measure a belt you wear comfortably from the buckle end to the belt adjustment hole you use. That's the measurement I use. If a person carries IWB, a good rule of thumb is to add 1-2 inches to what wears well without a holster IWB in place. Thanks for looking folks. Don.
This belt is 44 inches to the center of five adjustment holes. Rich brown dyed leather, with tan stitching. At 1 3/4 inch wide, this belt may not fit through all pant type belt loops so please check your britches. The 1 3/4 inch width helps distribute weight. Buckle is solid stainless steel roller type. Nickel plated screw posts secure the buckle. No optional ornamentation, but it does have my signature double row stitching at the edges. A very popular style, this belt is handsome but not flashy.
$75 plus $8.50 shipping to the lower 48 states, with AK and HI shipping some extra.
Thank you for looking. Don.
qTbXiGKl.jpg

Here's the belt being offered:
puqmR1Hl.jpg

bIV6Fvwl.jpg

32shooter

Blackhawk
I recently purchased a belt from Don. When he says heavy duty, he means heavy duty. I wear my belt daily and can only imagine how many years this thing will last. If you are looking for a good heavy leather belt from someone who takes pride in their work then look no farther. Good luck with your sale and thanks for the belt!

Tallbald

Buckeye
Sold pending funds. Thank you and I hope you're pleased with the belt. PM sent back. Address can be seen on my new order form.
And 32shooter thank you for your kind words so very much. Don.

louiethelump

Buckeye
This belt arrived today and I am surprised it got here this fast. Tallbald is good to his word and does not fool around. The belt is beautiful. It is strong and yet beautifully crafted without frills or flash. I put it on and it buckled right in the middle hole as his measure of how long it was matched my worn out existing belt precisely. I could not be more pleased and have asked him about the same size 1.5" as the 1.75 is too big for some of my holsters. The belts are double thick and if belt loops on your holsters are marginal, they may be snug. I am hoping he is going to post some photos of the flap holsters for single actions he also makes. I have not seen them yet but if they are like the belt, they will last a lifetime.

Tallbald

Buckeye
Say thank you so very much for your kind words. I'm 60, so for me to offer a lifetime warranty good for my lifetime would be silly. In exchange I craft my belts as well as all my study, experimentation and experience I can muster allows. The double 7-8 ounce hide thickness allows for rigidity without any sandwiched liner between the layers of leather. Don.