KY Colonel

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunman42782

Hunter
My friend nominated me as a KY Colonel, and my certificate arrived today. Just the fact he went through the trouble to nominate me means more than the certificate. That, and my father was a KY Colonel too.
mYCT3KK.jpg

Awesome! My dad was a Kentucky Colonel too. He never even knew what it was or why he was one until he died in 2003. Later we found out that he was nominated by the county magistrate because my dad would repair the old gravel road that led to our house. We were so far out in the sticks that the county wouldn't maintain the road. Dad hauled gravel from our creek on an old wood sled that our workhorse pulled, and he would patch holes in the road. And he would take his axe and walk down the road, cutting brush and tree limbs that hung out over the road.

WanderLust

Bearcat
I remember a fellow that won a bet years ago, when he joined the military. He bet a fellow member that he could go from private to colonel in less than 2 months. When his dad was elected to office back in Kentucky, it was common then for the son to gain honorary colonelship.

eveled

Hunter
I knew about Kentucky Colonels, but didn’t realize the nominee doesn’t have to be a Kentuckian. I’ll have to keep in mind incase I become aware of someone worthy.

Again congratulations Colonel Perkins!

Latest posts