kp95 carry,Not so bad.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

fez

Bearcat
Took a chance and put a clipdraw on my kp95 and tried out my normal appendix carry.Not to bad.I was previouly carryng an XD sub but my son took it for his bug as an leo.Although the xd is smaller the kp95 is more rounded(mine is older w/o the rail) and while still heavy is alittle more comfy.I'm gonna alternate with ktec pf9 when the situation calls for something smaller.Was surprised,for me anyway,that it carried ok.

rmansu2

Single-Sixer
Post some pics of it in and out of your pocket. I'm curious about how it prints in you pocket.

wildturk

Single-Sixer
How does it mount? I thought they were attached using the grip screws? I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable not using a holster.

Skeleton King

Bearcat
wildturk":afoxmum6 said:
How does it mount? I thought they were attached using the grip screws? I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable not using a holster.

I'm pretty sure there's a clip that just adheres to the gun via adhesive, but yeah, I'm interested as well.

I've seen the P95 appendix carried quite well. I knew they guy was carrying after he showed me, but before hand, I had no idea. :p I'm with you turk. Unless your gun has a 15lb+ trigger, I would be thinking about it too much.

fez

Bearcat
Can't post pictures.No camera yet.THe clip is held by vhb adhesive.I was skeptical at first also but it holds great.Solvents,lubes etc do not affect it.I have used them for a couple of years on several different guns.Never had a problem.I would not use on striker fired however unles it had a grip safety or regular saftey.NO pocket carry.I set it back for deep concealment.This let's me leave the grip above belt or if I want deeper behind belt.When deeper carried with a loose tee shirt over it almost impossible to see a print.I suggest use a belt with it and not just clip it to your pants then practice with it like anything else.Look up clipdraw.com

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
I tried a Clipdraw on my SR9. The idea is fine and it carries well but the SR9 has such deep and wide serrations on the back of the slide that the adhesive strip doesn't have much to stick to and the clip moves around more than I'm comfortable with. I'll use it on another weapon.

fez

Bearcat
you really have to degrease the area on the pistol and the clip bar real well.I use a little non chlor brakes clean on a cloth and also the alcohol swap that comes with it.Don't be afraid to press the adhesive into the gun and the bar into the adhesive.The neat part is that with a little prying it pulls right off fairly cleanly.Like those adhesive picture hooks you can remove by pulling and stretching the gummy adhesive down.Although this stuff is aircraft strength.Ah,modern science.

fez

Bearcat
Also I try to use on frame not slide.Like on my kp95.It does cover the head of the hammer pin but in the rare instance I have to remove it for a fix I can just pry clip off like i stated above.Even if you cover a few take down pins how often are gonna have to get at them.May even keep them from walking.