KP345 Issue

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lone Wolf McQuade

Single-Sixer
I have owned my KP345PR for several years and have at lest 1K rounds through it. Flawless operation.

Recently a friend of mine received his CCW permit and decide to purchase one. Tonight was his first change to try it out at my range. For the first 50 rounds or so all was well. Then click no bang. Removed the magazine, then ejected the round. There was no indication of the firing pin striking the primer. Inserted a fresh magazine and once again the round did not fire and again we could see the round had not been struck. Repeated this 1 more time with the same results.

I know that Ruger recommends not to dry fire with out the magazine inserted and my friend indicated he was also aware of this and made sure he did not do this prior to tonight's range trip.

I suppose the firing pin may have broken however we did not field strip the weapon as darkness was falling so we packed up and went our separate ways. I'm no expert so wondering if anyone else can comment.

Looks like the lifetime warranty will be put to the test and have no doubt Ruger will make it right.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Lone Wolf McQuade":rkts12dc said:
he did not do this prior to tonight's range trip.

THe question is .... how many times was it dry fired in the shop prior to your friend taking posession ??

REV

Lone Wolf McQuade

Single-Sixer
Good Point revhigh, did not think of that. I am not sure if he got a display model or one from their stock. Neverless it's broken, and he will be calling Ruger. Made sure I told him to request a prepaid label.