KP 345 good idea?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bigboreshooter

Single-Sixer
I've owned 45 semi-autos from Astra, Ruger(P90 & P345), AMT, Auto Ordnance, Sig, and Para. The P345 is BY FAR my favorite 45 EVER. I like it much better than the P90.

It's the size of a Commander, eats anything I feed it, and is very comfortable to shoot.

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
Edirty692":1vleodam said:
Your thoughts.
Edirty ... After putting over 2,000 rounds through my KP345, my thoughts are as follows (rated on a 1 to 5 scale):
1. Fit and finish = 5. Built like a tank. No noticable defects in the grip or slide assembly. No noticable wear after 2,000 + rounds.
2. Fit of the gun to my hand = 5. I like the shape of the grip and the overall balance (The ergonomics are very similar to the SR9 IMHO).
3. Trigger = 3. Significant creep (like all P series pistols) with a clean break (DA is a little heavier then I like).
4. Accuracy = 4. Not a target pistol (by any stretch of the imagination) but consistanly produces sub 2" groups out to 25'.
5. Function = 5. Other than a couple of FTEs during the first 50 rounds, it has been flawless.
6. Ease of Maintenance = 5. Simple to field strip.
7. Percieved Recoil = 5. Minimal muzzle flip ... easy to keep on target for follow-up shots.

All things considered, I've been very pleased with it (great gun for the money IMHO). Good luck with your decision.

slippingaway

Blackhawk
I love my P345, carry it all the time. It's got some holster wear on the blued slide, but other than that it's perfect. I had to start reloading, I love shooting it so much. As long as the ergonomics of the grip are comfortable in your hand, I'm sure you'll love it as much as I love mine.

I'll echo everything Buck said above, but I'd rate my trigger as a 4. Guess I got a better one.

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
slippingaway":342agx2w said:
I'll echo everything Buck said above, but I'd rate my trigger as a 4. Guess I got a better one.
Let me clarify .... The KP345 trigger is a 3 only when compared to my 1911 which I rate as a 5 (I know ... it's an apples and oranges comparison :oops:). The KP345 trigger when compared to similar type guns, would be a 4 or 4+ :wink:

welder

Buckeye
I agree with Buck right down the line. I like mine a lot. I just can't like the LCI though. They didn't have to make it so big.

Predator2525

Bearcat
Have had my KP345Pr for about 5 or 6 years now. Though I've had my problems with it, I'm usually the one that is the problem. It's also one of my guns that I like the best. Though I don't shoot it as much as the other one's, (hate chasing brass), I felt it was the 45 for me. My son likes the 1911 and I don't care that much for the grip in my hand. As in previous posts, if it fits I believe you'll like it. Interesting that of all my guns, when I don't have access to the 45, it's the one I miss the most! Good Shootin'