Kofs Cavaly O/U

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Not a true test, I looked at one in 20ga. almost 1 year ago. Handled it for about 10 minutes while a handgun sale was getting done. I was impressed with balance, fit and finish. Pointing, swinging. I like that it has a single trigger, ejects cases and the cost. I never looked at 1 before and frankly never heard of the brand either. The chokes are the same as another main brand, it's in the manual what to buy if you need more. Mine came with 5 chokes. It ended up an impulse buy. Cons I do not like the bluing much and will get a cerakote finish.
After I got it home, I looked up reviews. Almost all I read were good. Some were using them as beginners shooting trap.
I range tested it by checking the safety, barrel selectors and how well it ejects the empties. It worked great. I only fired a box through it and have not hunted birds this year. Will use it on ducks at some point.
I had a high dollar Browning O/U Superposed and was afraid to take in hunting in fear of marking it up by hard field work. This gun, in my mind is made to take into the field and use it.
Good Luck with 1 if you buy it.

Latest posts