Knives and sharpening stones

Help Support Ruger Forum:

loiblb

Single-Sixer
I enjoy using a Tormek T-7 water stone with the leather wheel I get a good edge, winter coming on need to move it in side.

langenc

Single-Sixer
Get a piece of 3/4" narrow board and glue a piece of old leather belt to it. Carve a nice handle on one end.

Go to Lowes and get a product to apply to the leather to make a good strop out of it. I dont recall the name at this point.

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
I've never been able to sharpen knives or broadheads until this year. I switched to diamond stones and then a leather strop. What a difference.

I now sharpen my knives and test them by trying to cut 10 ounce leather. If it cuts on the first try I know it's sharp enough. If not I strop it some more. I have found that after they are sharp just using the strop will keep them that way for a long time.

contender said:
Look into Wicked Edge sharpening systems. Not cheap,,, but excellent!

Contender is REALLY good at getting others to spend their money. :D I did look up Wicked Edge. Wow, they are impressive. I’ve got to wait a while, but I’m going to start saving up for one of their kits.

One thing I really like is they are made in the USA. To me that is worth spending a little bit more.

Latest posts