Knife, Case Trapper

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sam Johnson

Blackhawk
Trapper.JPG

Redstick, Here is another pic of the knife you asked about in my other posting. Yes it is a trapper style but with a half serrated main blade. I have never seen another like this.

slowrider

Single-Sixer
Yes, that's a cool Case. I collect a few knives but not Case so I'm not familiar if they make a production slip joint with serrated blade. This looks like a special order commissioned by the North American Hunting Club for purchase by members only. These special order knives are often unique and can become quite collectible.

Sam Johnson

Blackhawk
T.A, No, don't know when they were offered. This was a gift from a very close friend 15 years ago. It has his membership number ( 4735 ) etched on it, and his initials on the other side.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
It's likely a special order/group buy for the "North American Hunting Club". We're doing one right now on Bladeforums.com, where we're getting to specify the blade shape and steel, handle materials, etc. I can easily see a big hunting club doing a similar thing. Anyone with $4-5000 and such an inclination could.

BTW, this is how many of the specialty Case knives come to be.

Very nice knife, though!

-- Sam

Redstick

Single-Sixer
Sam Johnson":2mbibsr4 said:
Redstick, Here is another pic of the knife you asked about in my other posting. Yes it is a trapper style but with a half serrated main blade. I have never seen another like this.

HEY! Nice Knife!! I was looking at some new Case Knives yesterday and it was the first I'd seen of the part serrated blade. I've carried a Trapper for a pocketknife for many years. The first one lasted about 25 years of alot of use. I tied their new Saddlehorn Knife, but it was a little big for the pocket so I'll stick with the trapper.