KMK512GC Model 0188

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
I just picked up my third Big Rock Sports KMK512GC Model 0188. My notes I have from Chet says there were 894 made for Big Rock Sports from 2002-2003. But in Rene under Scarce Government Target Models in the price guide it only has KMK512GC (maybe 300 produced). No model designation or distributor. My question is what KMK512GC is that in Rene. I am assuming it is the Big Rock Sports one. The only other KMK512GC I know of is the Talo USST MKIIs. But as hard as it is to find the Big Rock Sports model I would think the 300 maybe a more accurate number. Just for comparison The Great Eight had 902 made and as hard as they are to find I see several more of them for sale than the BR KMK512GC.

contender

Ruger Guru
And such is the fun of trying to be a detailed Ruger collector! :D

I don't follow the MKII guns as much as I follow the SA guns. Maybe Chad can shed more light on things? Ruger doesn't reveal production numbers,, and distributors don't always share what they do either, unless you have someone there who is willing,,,!
Hard to answer such questions.

But it's often true about how it can be hard to find one model of something,, while another scarce model seems to be much more available.

Isn't collecting fun?

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
Does anyone know what the 300 KMK512GCs that are listed in RENE with no indication as who they were made for.
In RENE under Scarce Government Target Models in the price guide it only has KMK512GC (maybe 300 produced).

chet15

Hawkeye
1gunsnotenough said:
Does anyone know what the 300 KMK512GCs that are listed in RENE with no indication as who they were made for.
In RENE under Scarce Government Target Models in the price guide it only has KMK512GC (maybe 300 produced).

I need to update the price guide quantity. It is the same gun.
Chet15