Keltec P3at ejector

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
To any long time owners, what is the purpose of the ejector?
It's just a tiny peice in the frame and have never figured out
what it does exactly.
I was cleaning my gun and realized mine was gone.
When it left, I don't know. But it must have been a while ago.
M gun has never had a problem running without it, so why
exactly do I need it?

halfmoonclip

Bearcat
'hugger, that damned unsecured ejector is one of the many sins I hold against the P3AT. Somebody over on the KelTec board noted the same thing; it will work without it, and it is REALLY easy to put it back together and not notice it's gone. I also seem to recall some frame battering occuring w/o the steel part.
If I still had one, I'd hit it with red locktite or something to keep it in place.
So ya' know, I traded away my P3AT on a spare LCP; it just seems/is better and more durably made than the original.
I've been reloading .380s and shooting the hell out of both of 'em.
Moon

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
Well I don't really think its a sin of any sort.
My p3at's have all ran just as nice as my LCP's.
I have had plenty of both. I like the p3at better personally.
Just wondered what the purpose is of the thing if the gun
works without it.
I haven't noticed any frame damage in that area without it either.

halfmoonclip

Bearcat
Wasn't meaning to poke you in the eye with a sharp stick on the matter; know you're a P3AT fan from previous posts.
I went thru' three Gen I P3ATs trying to get one to work; finally reverted to the earlier .32, which worked pretty well. I tried again on a GenII with the frankenbolt, and it actually worked all the time.
I've had a love/hate relationship with KelTecs; they were a real breakthru' on pocket guns, being so much lighter than a North American I had. But they always seemed to run on the thin edge; I noticed peening of the breechface and frame at low round counts, and my .32s were known to shed their takedown pins, and running Silvertips chanced rimlock. Don't remember how many times I had to reassemble my P3 after its weekly delinting b/c I'd find the !#@!$!@$@!#$$$!!!! ejector on my workbench. You'd think I'd have learned...
Anyway, my argument has always been that the LCP is like a 'deluxe' KT; better made of better materials. But that is just my decidedly humble opinion, and I wouldn't feel ill armed with the KT if I couldn't get a Ruger.
As regards your original question, w/o the ejector, a corner of the frame serves to kick the empties out. It may get bunged over time if you shoot it much. I'd let the lads at Coco send you a replacement and then secure it.
Moon

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
halfmoonclip":30o7t4pt said:
Wasn't meaning to poke you in the eye with a sharp stick on the matter; know you're a P3AT fan from previous posts.
I went thru' three Gen I P3ATs trying to get one to work; finally reverted to the earlier .32, which worked pretty well. I tried again on a GenII with the frankenbolt, and it actually worked all the time.
I've had a love/hate relationship with KelTecs; they were a real breakthru' on pocket guns, being so much lighter than a North American I had. But they always seemed to run on the thin edge; I noticed peening of the breechface and frame at low round counts, and my .32s were known to shed their takedown pins, and running Silvertips chanced rimlock. Don't remember how many times I had to reassemble my P3 after its weekly delinting b/c I'd find the !#@!$!@$@!#$$$!!!! ejector on my workbench. You'd think I'd have learned...
Anyway, my argument has always been that the LCP is like a 'deluxe' KT; better made of better materials. But that is just my decidedly humble opinion, and I wouldn't feel ill armed with the KT if I couldn't get a Ruger.
As regards your original question, w/o the ejector, a corner of the frame serves to kick the empties out. It may get bunged over time if you shoot it much. I'd let the lads at Coco send you a replacement and then secure it.
Moon

heck the darn thing runs so good without it I am scared to mess with it.
I will give KT a call and get one though, don't want any frame damage.

Latest posts