Keeping my Canon on the big ones

Help Support Ruger Forum:

doccash

Buckeye
Shot This guy today with my Canon. Dr.C
IMG_7961.jpg

doccash

Buckeye
[bContender: Thanks for the reply. I do think the antelope will score in the eighties, but my honest opinion on horn length is 16.5 to 17 inches. He is a true "OMG' type of antelope. I will try to post another view of him. Thanks agai9n for your intrest. Dr.C
IMG_7963.jpg
[/b]

contender

Ruger Guru
I was a little hesitant to call him 16 to 17" as it was harder to see the top of the curls. Plus,, the hooks are a bit hard to judge,,, but looking at what I could see, I knew he'd most likely score in the 80's.
I took pics several years ago, (before I had a digital camera) with my 35mm of a buck I was SUPPOSED to hunt. My friend/guide put me on the wrong one. The next day,,, after my tag was filled,,, I took pics of an honest to by gosh 17" + buck, at 50 yds no less! Very high 80's to low 90's from what I could see. I keep that print in my desk drawer,,, handy to remind me,,,,!
I may have to look into getting my negatives put on a disc,,, so I can download them to my computer,,, and share them. Heck,,, I just pulled out 2 different pics of 2 lopes that both are very nice,,, especially "my" 17" er!

M. HALL

Bearcat
Dr. C.,

Nice photo. I am guessing by the depth of field and clarity that you have a nice long/fast lens and probably a digital body.

ANY time I go out into the suburbia from Boston I take my Canons.

Way back whenever my 3 brothers and I would take a 10 day hunting/camping trip I would hunt with my "canon".

You had to take sooooo many 35 mm shots and pray you got a good shot.

Gotta love digital.

There are a few photo fanatics on this site. I am sure you will get many more responses to such a great picture.

Congrats,

Matt

Zeus

Blackhawk
Great Picture!! If you don't mind, I'm saving that one on my computer. What is the model of the camera, I've been looking for a new one that takes better pictures than the current point and shoot type version. Thanks again for the photo!!

GS

Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
How would you judge this one? I took this pic with a little pocket digital about three years ago in the Painted Desert in Arizona. Indianed up on him and snapped the pic in longbow range - about 15 yards. One of the most exciting moments I've ever had with a game animal and I didn't even kill him - put a "digital tag" on him instead. I'd guess him more like a 13.5 - 14 incher, but I'm no antelope expert. Respectable but not serious trophy class?
DSCF0114.jpg

doccash

Buckeye
6gunsonly; he is not a great antelope and your measurments are probably good. but, he is a mature buck w/ a nice black face and what is best - you have a great photo as a momento of your trip. zeus: I have a 30D and several canon primes 300,400 along with 70-200f2.8,17-55f2.8. love to take photos. I have access to 140 section ranch that is hunted only by me and I mostly only use a "Canon". easy ed: yes, he is a whopper---thanks m.Hall:I am a very serious amateur and love to take photos. Had a stroke a year ago and am recovering but somewhat disabled. most images taken off a bean bag from the truck. Am a veterinarian for the past 40 yearsand love to be out with the animals. Thanks all for your comments. Gary

Zeus

Blackhawk
doccash":yijex3h0 said:
6gunsonly; he is not a great antelope and your measurments are probably good. but, he is a mature buck w/ a nice black face and what is best - you have a great photo as a momento of your trip. zeus: I have a 30D and several canon primes 300,400 along with 70-200f2.8,17-55f2.8. love to take photos. I have access to 140 section ranch that is hunted only by me and I mostly only use a "Canon". easy ed: yes, he is a whopper---thanks m.Hall:I am a very serious amateur and love to take photos. Had a stroke a year ago and am recovering but somewhat disabled. most images taken off a bean bag from the truck. Am a veterinarian for the past 40 yearsand love to be out with the animals. Thanks all for your comments. Gary

My father in law is a veterinarian and grew up in the panhandle. Actually owned a office in Perryton for a while years ago.

Latest posts