Kassnar 4x32 scope

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hayden

Bearcat
I have a Ruger Carbine with a 4X32 Kassnar Scope. I am unable to find any documentation for it on the internet. Any information about it is appreciated. I am having difficulty in getting it focused.

Thanks,Hayden

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
The Kasnar was an inexpensive scope sold by Kmart, Woolco, and similar discount stores. Some sporting goods stores sold them as well. There is an old one in my gun case, somewhere. They were sold in the early seventies, I believe, price range that I remember were $9 to $12. If I recall correctly, Kasnar was an importer, that also brought in less expensive knives. This is all from memory. I can't find any reference in my old Shooters Bibles from back then.
Bfly

3DTESTIFY

Single-Sixer
Hayden, Nick Stroebel's latest book lists the Kassner 4x32 scope produced from 1977-1986 and valued at $40-60 dollars, depending upon condition. Imported from Japan, they featured anodized alloy tubes, coated lens, constantly centered reticles and 1/4 min click adjustments. Hope this helps.
P.S. I believe his book has the name misspelled.

Hayden

Bearcat
Thanks for the information. There seems to be two spellings of the name or there are two different scopes. This one is spelled Kassnar.

If it works then it is OK, but I am having difficulty in getting it focused, unless I am expecting more from it than it can do.

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
Hayden,
+1 on the 2x7 Leupold. That's my favorite. A 1x4 or straight 4 would be my second choice. These little rifles are easy to overpower with big scopes.
Bfly