KANSAS CITY BAD BOY

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sixshot

Buckeye
Couple of pictures of Glenn Swaggartt with a very large cow elk taken here in Idaho last fall. He's kind of hard on sixguns, I watched him toss that beautiful little TLA (Texas Longhorn Arms) 44 maggie in the grass.
Very good shooting with very good bullet performance!

100_2236.jpg

He was so happy he said he wanted to do it again! :lol:

100_2235.jpg

Dick

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
I'm surprised Glenn can hold that gun in his hand, on account of it being so HOT ! Maybe that's why he tossed it in the grass, after the smoke cleared :lol: . That is a big , old cow !

woodpuppy

Single-Sixer
the distant wild country feel is dispelled by the bluetooth... :roll:

contender

Ruger Guru
He didn't put his bluetooth in until well after the hunt. This pic was taken after they got her out of the woods.
And yes,, Jeff is correct,, that gun was a bit warm after Glenn was done shootin',,,!
Still she was a nice cow,, and I too would do it again in a heartbeat!

Zeus

Blackhawk
I actually used the ear piece as a ear plug if you must know. I had dropped my backpack at the top of the ridge and it had my plugs on it as well as a set of muffs. I will say this. That little black thing that made you go "harumph" did keep my right ear from ringing, the left one still rings........So, honestly, I'm glad it was in the pocket :) Which would probably lead you to the "why is it in your pocket" question. Not all of us get to leave work behind when we leave town. Unfortunately, the expectations in the workplace today are pretty bad when it comes to being "available". With mobile email and communications, you don't really ever get "time off" anymore. I've tried the "turn it off routine" and that just lead to headaches later so when I don't do that anymore. Love it or hate, its the way it is at this time and it keeps my family fed.

Bluetooth or not, we had a great time! Dick's right, I would have loved to do it again but I was out of ammo :) The elk was nice but the views in that part of the country and the company I kept while I was there was what it was all about. Can't wait to see them again.

Glenn will correct me if I'm wrong but I think the blood you see on the hind leg was from a 250+/- keith bullet that went in up by the joint of the neck and front shoulder and traversed the entire length of the elk then broke the back leg on the way out. Not bad performance in today's world of 454's, 475's and 500's for such a old sedate cartridge. :)

woodpuppy

Single-Sixer
Zeus":2qiv48yc said:
Unfortunately, the expectations in the workplace today are pretty bad when it comes to being "available".

It just made me smile and roll eyes. I understand completely, I have field staff that work 8-on, 6-off, and ->yours truly<- has to be reachable for them to deal with any issues and procure parts and equipment, vacation or weekend. It's how it is. In reality it's a looooong leash that lets me play far away from the other end.

Zeus":2qiv48yc said:
I actually used the ear piece as a ear plug if you must know. I had dropped my backpack at the top of the ridge and it had my plugs on it as well as a set of muffs. I will say this. That little black thing that made you go "harumph" did keep my right ear from ringing, the left one still rings....

Yee-ouch! I guess using .44 mag cartridges for ear protection might be too snug a fit!!

Robb, I'd say he's got more than 'adequate' performance. How fast are you pushing those 250's?

Dave

Zeus

Blackhawk
You're right Robb. That shot entered between the neck and the right shoulder, right in the "crease" of the neck and exited just shy of the left rear leg from the body cavity and then entered the inside of the rear leg. You can see the exit on the rear leg if you look close. This was a sixshot built 250 Keith cast with a 100 grain soft nose of pure lead over 21 grains of the old 2400. If I were to guess, its probably moving about 1300, maybe a touch more from the 5.5" barrel.

cphilip

Bearcat
Dam... looks like a freezer full to me! Nice.

We have critters that large down here in my hunting spot but they are called Charolais and the father in law sort of frowns on us shooting them.

Zeus

Blackhawk
That's the work of Mike Barranti called the Northwest Hunter. Sixshot had one made a couple of years ago and had nothing but good things to say about it and so I had to have one. If it will hold up to Sixshot's hunting schedule, it will last me forever :) It was everything I had hoped. The quality is first rate and Mike is a great guy to deal with. Here are a few closer shots of the rig if you want to see it..

There are more pictures of this rig and others on his website:

www.barrantileather.com

100_1469.jpg

Here is mine with Sixshots. Sixshot's (the one on the right) has been used hard for a couple years now and still looks pretty much perfect..

100_1368.jpg

Stoots

Buckeye
Zeus":366x65qc said:
That's the work of Mike Barranti called the Northwest Hunter. Sixshot had one made a couple of years ago and had nothing but good things to say about it and so I had to have one. If it will hold up to Sixshot's hunting schedule, it will last me forever :) It was everything I had hoped. The quality is first rate and Mike is a great guy to deal with. Here are a few closer shots of the rig if you want to see it..

There are more pictures of this rig and others on his website:

www.barrantileather.com

100_1469.jpg

Here is mine with Sixshots. Sixshot's (the one on the right) has been used hard for a couple years now and still looks pretty much perfect..

100_1368.jpg

Beautiful rig!

Thanks Glenn!

:D

contender

Ruger Guru
Those rigs are first class. One of these days I hope to afford one myself,, If I quite spending my extra $$ on more OM Rugers,,!

Come on Tyrone, we are rooting for you! Order one from Mike and you will send the money that way instead of another OM to tuck in the safe. Be strong! Make the commitment, YOU CAN DO THIS! :lol:

contender

Ruger Guru
Well Robb,,,,,, it's like this,,, ! I get one paid for,, or just about paid for & suddenly another OM calls to me & makes me itch. I can't seem to get ahead of the game in paying off guns. I did once several years ago,, & got tired of waiting for another OM,, and it cost me 3 NM Vaquero's. But,, hey,, I'm not addicted!
I would love a rig from Mike for a 5-1/2" Blackhawk,, it would "make my day!" Maybe one day!