just won this 41 Mag.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cbnutt

Single-Sixer
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/629204624 hopefuly will be a good shooter, looks decent in pics , one of the discontinued 41 ,s with 7.5 barrel .

Arky

Single-Sixer
You are gonna love that Bisley .41. Especially if you reload. If not, I see pretty good .41 prices in the new Natchez monthly mailer.

BPGuy

Single-Sixer
It just means they "won" the auction ("winning bidder"), though I do agree it seems a poor choice of words. As for setting the prices, the bidders do that. In this particular case, the winning bid was at the minimum asking price, meaning no other bids. Presumably the seller was happy to sell the gun, and the buyer is apparently happy to have bought it. That seems to me the way the market should work.

cbnutt

Single-Sixer
Hmmm guess theres always one that finds something wrong with something you say , or gramer on these forums , tried to find a way to delete the thread and couldn't, but o well, thanks for all that's helped with questions in the past , see ya .

woodperson

Single-Sixer
cbnutt

why would you want to delete a good thread? Nothing wrong with anything you said. Somebody else's problem if they have a nit to pick with it. To me, you win or loose an auction. Not sure how else to put it.

Somebody wants to discuss the merits of on line auctions maybe they should just start another thread.

Glad you got the gun.

Bill

Jeepnik said:
I'm kind of curious, and no offense is intended, but why do folks say they "won" something at an auction.

The only thing I've seen the online gun auction sites do is artificially raise the price of firearms.
I guess I don't understand the question. I was notified two weeks ago that I had the "winning" bid. That means, to me, that I WON the bid. If they prices of the firearms are inflated, to your way of thinking, then there is one simple thing to do; DO NOT BID.
Ad Oddball said "Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?" :D :D

There has to be a winning bid for auctions. How would they end otherwise? It isn't like winning a game or anything though. After about 4th grade there are winners and losers in most facets of life, like gun auctions. Or sports. I.e the Chicago Cubs who have done both. Or businesses, I know of some companies that win proposals for new business contracts.

This is a pretty cool gun. I've been wanting the same in 357 to have a set.

cbnutt

Single-Sixer
Fox Mike said:
Jeepnik said:
I'm kind of curious, and no offense is intended, but why do folks say they "won" something at an auction.

The only thing I've seen the online gun auction sites do is artificially raise the price of firearms.
I guess I don't understand the question. I was notified two weeks ago that I had the "winning" bid. That means, to me, that I WON the bid. If they prices of the firearms are inflated, to your way of thinking, then there is one simple thing to do; DO NOT BID.
Ad Oddball said "Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?" :D :D
your right , not going to let it bother me ! :)

cbnutt

Single-Sixer
yes got it this eve after work , looks really good and tight, hopefully this weekend I can shoot a few rounds through it , trigger needs a bit of work, slight creep , and little heavier than I like, but probly take it to a gunsmith, and have it lightened a little . Noticed theres no numbers on cylinder that match serial number like my other Rugers , do they not always do that ? none at all engraved on cylinder .

" Do all cylinders have serial numbers on them?" Good question... not sure. I know I have one Blackhawk with the three digits of the serial number, but not sure about my others. I'm going to have to look.

Do you reload or did you buy 41 magnum ammunition? I reload for mine. But was just curious how much ammo costs for these.

cbnutt

Single-Sixer
i don't reload , lots available now for these at Underwood ammo , cheaper than dirt etc.... what little I shot it , I think its the most accurate 41 I have ever had .

Latest posts