just recently joined here and look what you've done to me

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
dutchoven001.jpg

jpb, these are Dutch Ovens. Like Rugers, they tend to multiply on their own. With these handy cast impliments, the finest cuisine imaginable is possible. Mine are stacked as an altar, to the great gods of the west, 'sixshot' and callshot. Just do a little searching in the gallery section, I'm sure you'll stumble onto some Dutch posts.

jpb in me

Single-Sixer
Jeff I knew what dutch ovens were, I thought you were using some sort of "coded lingo" that somehow was synonymous with handguns. I guess I was pitting to much thought into it :D So I will have to ask you...can you use these on a flattop kitchen range. Are they completely flat on the bottom or do they have tiny feet?

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
jpb, have some of both. The ones with the feet will work on the stove, I prefer the ones w/o for inside the oven, the feet hang up on the rack.
cherry/bluberry cobbler
meal013.jpg

meal003.jpg

roast007.jpg

pork003.jpg

Mac-n-cheese005.jpg

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
Now you've done it Hoover! I'm going to have to quit wasting time here at the office on the computer and go home and EAT. RB

jpb in me

Single-Sixer
Guess what I'm going to do tommorrow......buy a dutch oven!!
are they easy to clean? Must be just like my cast iron skillets, once the're properly seasoned

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
jpb, the Dutch is just a big ol' cast iron skillet w/ lid. Yes, once seasoned, they clean pretty easily. Usually just wipe out, for tougher stuff, I just boil water in it for a few minutes. It's the ease of cooking, and almost foolproof method that makes them popular. Heck, even callshot turns out tasty dishes. I also enjoy the frontier spirit of using such utensils.

jpb in me

Single-Sixer
well jeff with a good looking dog like that under your name, whats not to believe! He looks just like mine, just a tad heavier.....must be the dutch oven cooking :shock:

csa 357

Bearcat
are those sour dough biskets? that looks mighty fine, and to think i been melting wheel weights in my dutch oven! dady told me he used to run with a appchie indian in new mexico, and he made the best sour dough biskets he ever ate, cook in the big cast iron dutch oven, they used to go out and catch wild mustangs, sounds fun but i was too small to go, csa

Latest posts