Just picked up my new LCP Max

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Old and grumpy

Single-Sixer
Just got home with the LCP MAX. To the range in the morning. I am new to this forum. I joined to learn about her. I have read some of the posts and got answers to some questions. A couple more- I have read that the guide rod on LCP is plastic but mine is steel and on another forum every one says they are steel also. Was this a thing? Did Ruger change it? Also I read that the head of the take down pin can break off. It does look flimsy and might pop off if you go at it too hard with the screw driver. I will be reloading for her. More latter. Thanks.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Guide rods in LCPs of all varieties have always been steel. I've owned multiple LCPs and never had an issue with the takedown pin.

Old and grumpy

Single-Sixer
Just got back. She works! This will take time but today was a good start. 2 brands of factory ammo all good. One box of my reloads for a old junk gun I had (Davis P380) It was cheep. Reloads gave me some problems but I know why. I have ordered proper dies to fix that. It's funny but sloppy reloads worked fine in the sloppy almost free junk Davis.

Armybrat

Buckeye
That is a great price for those 12 round mags.
I bought three last year at $31 each and thought that was a decent price then.