Just picked up a Single Six 3 Screw. Questions…

Help Support Ruger Forum:

G2

Hunter
NO Conversion there.😁

The sight will move best without damage if you use a BRASS punch & hammer,,,, go slow.

The early ones are good ones,
My 3 flatgate's…
Right /Stag 4 digit- 6460 (Vintage non factory Stag)
Middle- 30900 with a Premier Gate. (non factory)
Left/ Palindrome- 31813 Turning Plum crazy. ( SN# forward or backwards is a Palindrome.)
52706819029_d9fdb79e15_b.jpg

Last edited:
"There's already a couple more on my "want" list."

So,,,, what's on the list now?
Looking for something from 1960. (I should have jumped on that one that just sold). Let's see…a .22 mag, and a .22 with a long barrel (9 1/2"). I'm watching a .22mag 1960 right now, I'll have to see where the final price lands.

Looking for something from 1960. (I should have jumped on that one that just sold). Let's see…a .22 mag, and a .22 with a long barrel (9 1/2"). I'm watching a .22mag 1960 right now, I'll have to see where the final price lands.
Ended up not bidding on the 60 ( condition not what I really wanted). I did buy a nice 65, it's on its way. And I have a 60 Mag on my watch list.

So…don't hate me. Since this 55 has a non-original gate and ejection rod, I'm thinking of fitting a Super Blackhawk grip frame on it. I can get an aluminum Super frame with a rounded trigger guard. I think it might just make this 55 my constant companion. Here's a pic I found with a similar setup.
It's a New Model, but i like the look. ( not the aluminum ejection rod housing though).
IMG_7374.jpeg

Well, I got my letter on this one. It was made in April 1955 and sold in the same month, just up the road from the factory. Sold at Cook, Newton, and Smith, Inc. in New Haven, CT.

I had asked if it was ever in for repairs when I requested the letter- no answer to that. So how the later gate and ejection rod came to be installed will forever be a mystery.
IMG_7411.jpeg

Last edited:
Just to button this thread up- I have decided to try and acquire an original serrated ejector rod and a flat gate and return this to the original configuration. This one is too nice a survivor to modify additionally. I just won a nice 1963 on GB so that one might become my knock around piece.

Star43

Blackhawk
Hi, I had to write as I was born in the year your gun was made, 1955. It's a beautiful gun, as is and I hope you left it as you originally found it. It looks great and like all Ruger Single Sixes, as es- pecially yours, it shows character. That gun sure was not used much as is plain too see. There is something magical about an old Single Six. The folks who wrote earlier in this forum sure know that as I have seen their posts many times. They know their stuff and they know their Rugers. Just wanted to chime in. Thanks much, Star43

G2

Hunter
Randyzzz,

That is a healthy dose of sickness you got going on there.
Especially when, IIRC you just set out to get yourself a a birth year gun…😃