just picked up a MarkIII target

Help Support Ruger Forum:

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
Just picked up my first Rim fire gun and i really like it. i got the long one, because we all know longer is better :lol:
my grandpa had a Ruger .22 when he was in the Air Force so he wanted a new one so I got it for him and I to shoot.

i got it home and the first thing i did was tear it apart clean/lube it ( it was brand new but figured WTH) and then i put it back together with help of the video on ruger.com and i had NO problems putting it back together.
i dont know why people complain so much ( sure its no p89 or SR9 to put back together but its not that bad)

we took it to the range last night and we popped off 550 rounds of federal .22LR not one problem. it was VERY accurate and it was nice not having to worry about spending the money on 9mm or .40 ammo 8)
brought it home and cleaned it again put it back together and everything went great.

just wanted to let you guys know i found my new range queen :)
it may take a little longer to clean but its totally worth the time to save all the ammo money and look better with that really tight group :)

-2fast4u

The secret is in getting the internal hammer in the right place. sounds like you figure that out right away... took me three tries or about a year to learn this... but then that's normal for me, I'm a slow learner.

Yep, they are really fun to shoot. You don't get that burning feeling in your wallet pocket after 50 or 60 rounds.

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
Congrats on your new MKIII and for learning to properly maintain it right out of the box ... They are truely fun to shoot (I have over 30,000 rounds of fun through my MKIII512). If you really want to tighten up those groups, you might want to consider adding a red dot or 2x scope :wink:

A

Anonymous

I too am a new MKIII owner.... have run abut 300 rounds through ..no major issues. Once you ge the hang of the sequence, cleaning is easy.

Question: I have a Burris red dot. Wondering where to place it on the rail. All the way to the rear or forward of that location? Any thoughts? :?: :?:

A

Anonymous

Ataraxy":hduo7s4q said:
Question: I have a Burris red dot. Wondering where to place it on the rail. All the way to the rear or forward of that location? Any thoughts? :?: :?:

I personally like to mount my red dots where the pistol balances the most comfortably without being too front or rear heavy since there are no eye relief issues to deal with on a red dot.

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
Ataraxy":1exs5568 said:
Question: I have a Burris red dot. Wondering where to place it on the rail. All the way to the rear or forward of that location? Any thoughts? :?
I've tried my red dot in several positions on the rail. For me, the rear position seems to balance the gun the best for my needs.

greener

Single-Sixer
What, a first time owner who finds field stripping and assembly not hard? Good heavens, here is someone who missed half the Ruger MK initiation. :lol:

Ruger could write better instructions but if you really read them it isn't hard. I think their videos are really informative but I already know the double-dutch secret to assembly. I've also found http://www.guntalk-online.com/fsprocedures.htm to be a good resource.

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
greener":2c4ngfad said:
What, a first time owner who finds field stripping and assembly not hard? Good heavens, here is someone who missed half the Ruger MK initiation. :lol:

Ruger could write better instructions but if you really read them it isn't hard. I think their videos are really informative but I already know the double-dutch secret to assembly. I've also found http://www.guntalk-online.com/fsprocedures.htm to be a good resource.

and im only 20 :) must be the college education.. ( yeah right)

honestly i dident even open the manual that comes with it, i just went to the Ruger videos and watched it a few time and tried it!
the only thing i had to watch it again for was to see which way the hammer needed to be on reassembly. its pretty straight forward.

greener

Single-Sixer
2fast4u":3sd0tse9 said:

honestly i dident even open the manual that comes with it, i just went to the Ruger videos and watched it a few time and tried it!
the only thing i had to watch it again for was to see which way the hammer needed to be on reassembly. its pretty straight forward.

Either all those tuition checks are not going to waste or you are a natural mechanical genius. :lol:

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
bansheex":2cedvlt6 said:
Hey 2fast4u are you in OR?

no i am in MI about 40 miles outside of Detroit , its called livonia or backwards its ainovil ( pronounced anal ville cuz people here are stuck up and suck).

greener":2cedvlt6 said:
2fast4u":2cedvlt6 said:

Either all those tuition checks are not going to waste or you are a natural mechanical genius. :lol:

well im going into business management, but ive been around cars and engines since i was a baby, so it comes pretty natural now. guns are just like engines they turn a fuel into heat and kinetic energy in a diffrent way ;)

greener

Single-Sixer
2fast4u":3uocvzki said:
bansheex":3uocvzki said:
Hey 2fast4u are you in OR?

no i am in MI about 40 miles outside of Detroit , its called livonia or backwards its ainovil ( pronounced anal ville cuz people here are stuck up and suck).

Livonia: 50 miles east of Hell and 350 miles south of Paradise. From what I can see from the weather, Hell hasn't quite frozen over, yet.

Trying to decide if I'm going to try some outside shooting on my vacation in Kalamazoo next week.