Just picked up a #1 RSI in 7x57

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ken613

Bearcat
This is my first RSI, but I own several other #1's and have owned a bunch of others.

This is one sweet rifle. The wood is the best of any #1 I own (I'll try to get some pictures posted later today. And it balances better than any of the other models.

The whole point to all of this is that the last two new #1's I've purchased (this one and a 1S in 300 Win. Mag) have had outstanding triggers breaking at about 4 lbs. Anyone else seeing this trend?

Ken

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Have 4 #1's with 2 more on order but a 7x57 RSI would be atop the list of "gotta get" #1's. Just something about that classy look with that chambering screams out at ya.

Coogs

Maximum
What I been huntin' Pa. whitetail with for the last 3 years, #1 RSI in 7 x 57. One shot one kill. Great package....................enjoy! Coogs. Never measured the pull................but...........it's workin' for me.

My #1RSI 7x57 and it's first harvest.......I love this rifle.
RSI002.jpg

Deer2009009.jpg

Dave :D

mattsbox99

Hunter
I just got a #1B in .25/06 and its quickly earning its keep, my trigger was mushy at first but tightened up very nicely after a little dry firing and it has to be around 4lbs or so, I don't have a scale to measure it.

wunbe

Buckeye
RE your question on trigger pulls on Ruger #1s....

My modest collection -- @ 30 of them-- shows a diverse but fairly predictable track record that follows an upward trend in improved final finish at the plant. (Almost a mirror in reverse of the downward trend in wood quality over the years.)

Older models, say from inception in 67 to mid 70s had adjustable triggers and most triggers on used guns from that era are pretty nice but not consistent as the settings varied, Mid 70s through mearly 90s total crap -- non-adjustabole triggers set anywhere from 4.5 to 8 lbs pull by guys in factory who just did not care. The bitchimng from the shooting public to Ruger had little effect as these were the days when they just told you to screw off because even a 4MOA was "good enough for hunting".

But the onset of the inet and postings between users which clobbered Ruger for such shoddy work did seem to have an impact. Almost every new gun I have bought since the mid 90s have acceptable if not good triggger pulls of about 4 to 5 lbs. They are still not adjustable but can be readily honed to near perfection. (Ruger has tacitly admitted the factory triggers are substandard by offering an upgrade on some of their new bolt guns but not on the #1s.)

I have all of mine redone by a gunsmith to a crisp, no-creep, 3 lb pull. My .375 H&H and my .22 Hornet and all of them in between break almost identically.

Costs a bit but it is worth it to me.

wunbe

wunbe

Ruger#8

Bearcat
Just bought a 1A leopard in 7x57 (made 2009). Trigger was perfect at 4.2 lbs. My other 1A in 30-06 (made 2008) has a spongy trigger at 5.8 lbs.

Fit and finish seems about the same between the same.

Looking forward to taking them hunting.

Saw an earlier post about may be Ruger chambering the 1A in .303 British, how about 8x57 Mauser.

I would buy one in both.