Just ordered a SR9 :)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
well i found a Dealer near me who will get me the GUN (S/S version)for 389. so i had my Grandpa order it for me ( me being 20 so i can only buy from a private owner) and hes going to turn around and sell it to me
i am really excited and my grandpa is kicking a $100 bucks towards this gun for me because hes supporting my gun habit/wanted me to get a brand new gun 8)
they had a blued one in stock but i really like the S/S version better and it was about $20 cheaper
i will let you all know when i actually pick it up

- 2FAST4U

22/45 Fan

Hunter
2fast4u":2f0ub1qw said:
well i found a Dealer near me who will get me the GUN (S/S version)for 389. so i had my Grandpa order it for me ( me being 20 so i can only buy from a private owner) and hes going to turn around and sell it to me
i am really excited and my grandpa is kicking a $100 bucks towards this gun for me because hes supporting my gun habit/wanted me to get a brand new gun 8)
they had a blued one in stock but i really like the S/S version better and it was about $20 cheaper
i will let you all know when i actually pick it up

- 2FAST4U
You do know the "blued" version is just a black coating on an otherwise stainless steel gun which is why it's slightly more expensive, not cheaper. I personally prefer the plain stainless steel finish too.

Mike J

Hunter
Congratularions-I hope you enjoy your new firearm when you get it. Let us know how it shoots.

jhearne

Buckeye
Congrats on the purchase, I remember being 20 and wanting a new gun but was so close to my 21st that I just waited.....some people go drinking or gambling, I bought a handgun 8).

Of course, it's much easier for me to say this when I'm still only 24 ;).

Josh

wildturk

Single-Sixer
Enjoy it, they look like a good pistol. I have one, a very low S/N First Run model that came w/ the knife. Haven't shot it yet.....

81aggie

Bearcat
Congratulations! I've had my S/S SR9 for a bit over 3 months and about 800 rounds now. I think you're gonna like this gun a lot, have had zero issues with mine. I love how it shoots, even used it for the range qualification part of my CHL class. Enjoy!

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
When you get your gun, if you can, sit down with your grandfather and let him help you clean and lube that gun. It is a good idea to clean and lube before ever firing a new gun anyways. It will mean alot to him and be something you will remember.

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
Cheesewhiz":3tyge792 said:
When you get your gun, if you can, sit down with your grandfather and let him help you clean and lube that gun. It is a good idea to clean and lube before ever firing a new gun anyways. It will mean alot to him and be something you will remember.

he dosent even know how to clean his gun, ive done it for him for the last year or so lol, i plan on getting her all cleaned up before i put some rounds through her. im really hoping i get the call that its in tomorrow. im pretty excited

Ski

Bearcat
2fast4u,
I don't want to rain on your parade; but do you know you will be asking your grandfather to "stretch the truth" when he fills out the NICS form during the purchase of that SR9? If you are close to turning 21, I'd suggest you wait and go through the purchase yourself rather than involving your grandfather in what comes close to if not being the exact definition of a "straw purchase".

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
my local police department said that is fine to do as long as he shoots it first.
and pays with his own money before the gun is sold to me.

Burley

Bearcat
Good times, good times.:) make sure to protect your eyes and ears. DON"T make me come down there! BTW, what does Grandpa shoot?

wildturk

Single-Sixer
Ski":10t65b9k said:
2fast4u,
I don't want to rain on your parade; but do you know you will be asking your grandfather to "stretch the truth" when he fills out the NICS form during the purchase of that SR9? If you are close to turning 21, I'd suggest you wait and go through the purchase yourself rather than involving your grandfather in what comes close to if not being the exact definition of a "straw purchase".

The FFL can also "note" the purchase as a gift. when it is transfered.

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
wildturk":3edqx72v said:
Ski":3edqx72v said:
2fast4u,

The FFL can also "note" the purchase as a gift. when it is transfered.

well since he is paying a $100 bucks towards it it would be a gift right? lol
and Burley he shoots a p89

brickman7

Bearcat
You can't go wrong with the SR9....Great handgun!! I've had mine for about a year, put close to a thousand shots downrange without a hiccup or missfire..Love it!!!! And by the way, all I shoot thru it are Winchester Whites that I buy from Wally's!!!! :lol:

Burley

Bearcat
Sweet! Your Grandpa sounds like a great guy. I like my SR 9 quite a bit and I'm just waiting on that Ghost trigger system.