Just Installed Giselle SSA Trigger in Ruger SR-556

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cluelesspa

Bearcat
I just finished replacing trigger from my Ruger SR-556 with the Giselle SSA Trigger. its a 2 stage fixed setting trigger. preset with no adjustment screws to fall out :)

I forget the trigger weight but it feels like half the OEM trigger. the Ruger trigger is nice but this is easy pull to 2nd stage then it breaks cleanly.

I took a few pics of the install in case anyone is thinking about doing the same... Link for Slide Show of Pics :
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...ling Giselle SSA Trigger/?albumview=slideshow

I recommend that you use the small slave pin they supply. you just replace the pin with the shorter slave pin before installing the trigger and again with the hammer. you push the slave pin out with the full pin during the install. but the slave pin holds together the trigger assembly or the hammer assembly while you install. I suggest you push the slave pin all the way to one side so you have room to get the permanent pin started on the other side...

Question: So how much is my Ruger OEM trigger worth? I figure no reason to keep it around. the OEM hammer is more beefy then the Giselle SSA. the SSA is the semi auto only variant. $170 for the trigger/hammer kit. just drop in replacement. I used their pins instead of the Ruger OEM pins not sure if it makes a difference.

cluelesspa

Bearcat
Ok thanks! ... found the cheapest single stage trigger/hammer kit at Midway for like $44 so posted on local regional site for $22 FTF.

Sig685

Single-Sixer
Earl, the Geissele is the best replacement trigger for the AR; I think you will be very happy with it. I have the early model Geissele, with the adjustment screws and it was easy to install also. After multiple thousands of rounds and endless dry fire exercise, the trigger still feels as great now as it did 3 years ago when I first installed it.

It's great the SSA is becoming available, the US Military had been buying all the triggers Bill Geissele could produce.

On my match rifle, I set my first stage at 2 pounds and my second stage at a few ounces.

cluelesspa

Bearcat
it was between the SSA and a Timney trigger

wanted a drop in solution...

i like its not adjustable so no screws to worry about...

goretro77

Bearcat
Sorry to revive this thread but I like to throw in my experience with the Chip McCormick drop in trigger - it has worked great in the 2900+ rounds I have put through my SR556.

Totaly enclosed unit. Single stage - and the trigger pull IMHO is the perfect balance between range and tactical self defense use. Breaks clean, consistent shot after shot and no adjustments to make.