Just got the pics of my two new holsters

Help Support Ruger Forum:

elderberry99

Bearcat
A short time ago I contacted Ray at LOBO Gun Leather to obtain two new holsters for my Ruger SP101 revolver I just purchased. Ray sent me the pics today to show me the holsters were finished and ready to ship. Very nice looking. Can't wait for them to arrive.
I wish I could post the pics on here, but don't know how to do it.

elderberry99

Bearcat
Here are the pics. I hope it does post.
Thanks for the heads up Danjet500, I forgot all about the photobucket.
11-10-09leather003.jpg

GilaMonster

Bearcat
I agree -- that second holster looks like a nice design... I assume it is an IWB with a clip?

What does LOBO call that design? I didn't see it on the website

elderberry99

Bearcat
This is the holster that Ray used to make and decided to pick it up again after I asked him to make it for my Ruger sp101. Ray told me he used to do these and stopped using the clip. When I asked Ray if he could make one again he said yes.

GilaMonster

Bearcat
looks like that would work for my LCR. the OWB I am using now was molded for a SP101 but works perfectly for the LCR.

BTW, do you shoot left handed?

looks to me like both those holsters are both LH holsters?

GilaMonster

Bearcat
elderberry99":2j8hx92k said:
Yes I am a southpaw. I read where the LCR and SP101 were not interchangeable due to the large humpback on the LCR.

that may be true, as well. maybe I am lucky that the SP101 holster I got works perfectly for the LCR. I got it in the LGS (local gun shop), not online, so I was able to try it with my gun before buying.

also, the LCR trigger guard is bigger than the S&W guards, so the LCR doesn't work well in holsters designed for the S&W (say, the 642. I have a 642 and it sits loose in the SP holster I use for the LCR)

I say, it is about time holster manufacturers start making specific holsters for the LCR!! :lol:

QB

Single-Sixer
edlerberry99 -- how do I contact Ray? I'd like to get the OWB holster you pictured for my SP101s. I normally use High Noon Snapper holsters but they don't make one for the SP101. I like the "snap on" models.

Thanks

Latest posts