Just got a new 10/22 with a factory blond stock

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ian03

Single-Sixer
I was out shopping for a 10/22 and stumbled on this one.

Model number on the box is 10/22ES and has a sticker that says Sales Sample.

Nothing special otherwise, in fact the wood is probably birch or beech, but the coloring is awesome and it's a unique 10/22.

Picked up a Wrangler as well, can't wait to hit the range with these two. I'll work on posting pics, haven't been on here in a while.

Ian

contender

Ruger Guru
Not odd at all it got sold.

Remember,,, they are in the business to make money. Keeping every demo gun, second gun, or anything connected to anybody in general isn't making money,, it costs them money. Besides,, they know that collectors snatch these things up,, so they know it will sell,,, and they can make more.

BUT,,, having a gun with such provenance,, is a desirable thing to a collector. Who here doesn't wish they owned a gun that was owned by Elmer, Skeeter, Bill, or any number of known gun folks? And while Mr. Leska may not be as "famous" as others,, he is a prominent person at Ruger. And,, having met him,, I can attest he is truly one of the GOOD guys!

contender

Ruger Guru
Maybe my post wasn't clear. Unless you get a letter to the fact,, that gun would not have been owned by Bill. Mr. Leska is a known person from Ruger,, and having HIS name on it,, gives it provenance as a "Sales Sample" As such,, we also call these types of guns "Factory Seconds" in the collecting world.

ian03

Single-Sixer
I bought it from Kittery Trading Post which has quite a few weird and non-catalogued models from Ruger.

No intention of selling it, just thought it was unique. I've wanted one like this since I saw a maple stocked one about 10 years or so ago on this site. The fact that it was cheaper than a regular production 10/22 made it an easy decision.

KTP has all kinds of weird stuff right now. Purple 1911's, yellow LCP's, etc. All salesman sample stuff. Guessing Ruger just cleared out a closet or two and sent everything to KTP. Ive got a 10/22 TD on hold, also a sample but not the same persons name. It's stainless but with a red synthetic stock. Again, far cheaper than a new one, buying it as a shooter and not a collector.

Latest posts