Just for REV. HAHA

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=362218634

:lol:

revhigh

Hawkeye
LOL ! Some of the guys on here should love that .....

Too bad it's not bob tailed TOO .... Then NOTHING could be more hideous.

Hey ! It IS kinda bob tailed .... That makes it hands down the most hideous firearm in existence. And PURPLE is my favorite color too ... GO RAVENS !

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
montegomx70 said:
there has to be a doucebag green zombie model as well right?

Yeah ... And a faux carbon fiber one with yellow racing stripes .....

REV

Snake45

Hawkeye
Kinda reminds of a Parks Plastics water pistol I had as a kid.

IIRC, it was my LEAST favorite toy gun, too, and hardly ever got used. :p

ProfessorWes

Hunter
toysoldier said:
Oh my! :shock: Sadly, it will sell. A lot of folks just don't take guns seriously anymore.

Yes, it did sell, for $20 less than he was originally asking; the guy had to list it on GB twice. And apparently only found *one* person even willing to consider it.

Personally, I'd prefer a two-tone yellow/carbon fiber look to that bilious purple, if I had to choose between the two... :p

sargents1

Single-Sixer
revhigh said:

Hey ! It IS kinda bob tailed .... That makes it hands down the most hideous firearm in existence. And PURPLE is my favorite color too ... GO RAVENS !

REV

Nahhh, for my money the old Colt Double Eagle was the ugliest handgun ever made. I'm not sure what it is, but man I think those things are awful.

revhigh

Hawkeye
sargents1 said:
revhigh said:

REV

Nahhh, for my money the old Colt Double Eagle was the ugliest handgun ever made. I'm not sure what it is, but man I think those things are awful.

I actually HAVE a Colt Double Eagle. Not sure why you think its ugly .. Unless you just don't like 1911's. the only difference is the trigger.

It's not my favorite 1911, but it shoots very well once you get used to the trigger.

It's easily doubled or tripled in value since I bought it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Double_Eagle

REV

Pierow

Blackhawk
If you were a top shot, meaning able to pull off the RevHigh challenge at will, this would be a fun gun to pull out at the range and let everyone snicker and point. Just like the old guy in the pool hall who grabs the crummiest, crooked house cue and proceeds to school you on the table shooting nothing but bank shots.

Pierow

revhigh

Hawkeye
Pierow said:
If you were a top shot, meaning able to pull off the RevHigh challenge at will, this would be a fun gun to pull out at the range and let everyone snicker and point. Just like the old guy in the pool hall who grabs the crummiest, crooked house cue and proceeds to school you on the table shooting nothing but bank shots.

Pierow

LOL ... Only problem is ... You could never come close to pulling off the REVHIGH ONE INCH CHALLENGE with that gun. Maybe ONE FOOT CHALLENGE if it was from 7 feet away ... But no chance on the original challenge. :D

REV

sargents1

Single-Sixer
revhigh said:
sargents1 said:
revhigh said:

REV

I actually HAVE a Colt Double Eagle. Not sure why you think its ugly .. Unless you just don't like 1911's. the only difference is the trigger.

It's not my favorite 1911, but it shoots very well once you get used to the trigger.

It's easily doubled or tripled in value since I bought it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Double_Eagle

REV

I am not sure what it is about the Double Eagle that I can't stand. Maybe its the cheap looking plastic grips, or the trigger guard. I like 1911's in general, how many Gun Guys dont like 'em? To me a DE is not a 1911.

There is just something about the DE that makes me think of what might happen if you took a photo of a 1911 and showed it to a Chinese engineer and told them to copy it.

I dont doubt that it works fine and I am sure that the value is getting better every year they are out of production... but for me, I have the same reaction to the Double Eagle that I did as a kid when mum served Cream of Broccoli Soup - Instant barf.

revhigh

Hawkeye
I will certainly agree that it's not my favorite '1911' .... :D

And I completely agree with your comments about the grips.

As I said before though ... It is a very good shooter ... Even without the SA 1911 trigger.

And it is a Colt ... So I'll just keep it.

REV

Latest posts