Just finished these IWB holsters for my SP101 3 inch

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tallbald

Buckeye
Well I'm learning quickly on my new Cowboy leather sewing machine, and would like to share here pictures of two IWB holsters I've come up with for my 3 inch SP101. A little rearward cant on one and a vertical orientation on the other gives me some choices. I use vegetable tanned 8-9 ounce Hermann Oak leather. My black is from home-brewed "vinegaroon", with my brown coming from a super strong tea and coffee mixture I make. I enjoy combining both old and new techniques in my holsters, and since due to arthritis and other physical problems I can't hand stitch my leather any more, my loving wife Penny urged me to buy a sewing machine with some of our retirement funds. My finish is almost exclusively pure neatsfoot oil worked in to soften and strengthen, followed by a triple topcoat of rubbed 50/50 mix beeswax and neatsfoot oil I make which gives them a soft low maintenance sheen I like. I'm moving on to the full flap styles I most enjoy for my CZ75B, several Ruger revolvers and especially my Ruger Old Army 7 1/2 inch adjustable sight versions. I'll post as I make them. Thanks for looking, and all constructive criticisms are really appreciated.
Don

P6302240.jpg

P6302241.jpg

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Very nice indeed. I still sew by hand (saddle stitch). I am not into production so the extra time it takes is of no concern to me.