Just curious

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rh44mag

Bearcat
About a year ago I aquired a redhawk 44 and a super blackhawk 44. Both are new in the box with warranty cards from the early 80's. I am curious how the value will be effected if I shoot them. There is nothing special about these as far as collector value goes. I am a shooter not a collector so they are calling to from the safe to be shot. I pick these up more as an investment since I have other big bores to shoot. What is the opinion on this?

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
I have always been o the opion that guns were made to be shot. I shoot all of them. With the two you metioned i don't see that shooting them will lower the value very much Steve

texaswheelgunner

Single-Sixer
Since there is nothing truely special about those two good revolvers you have, they should, at least, keep their present value if they are not fired.

If you bought them for an investment, it is only my opinion that most firearms do not make as good investments as we'd like to think. Unless you have one-of-kind type firearms, or they are of historical importance, most guns aren't good investments.

I agree with Woodpile; if I were you, I'd shoot those Rugers. That's what they were made for. If they are taken care of, not abused, and shot with TLC, they should remain good values as firearms go.

Pinecone

Blackhawk
I'm with woodpile! All of my guns have been "shooters" since 1965 and will always be. I once had a very nice "Broomhandle Mauser", very collectible and I shot that on many occasions. It was a great "fun gun" to shoot! I have a Redhawk and an original Flattop Blackhawk in .44 mag I shoot on a regular basis!...........................Dick :wink:

dougader

Hunter
If you are going to sell them, then don't shoot them. If not, shoot the heck out of them.

It does make a difference to some people if there is a visible turn ring around the cylinder.

Latest posts