Just bought my Mark III Hunter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cbzdel

Bearcat
I went to the gun shop today to check out a Mark III.. Never actually handled one so I needed to check it out.. MSRP is $620 for the one I want, the Stainless Mark III Hunter 6-7/8" barrel. Wow they just happened to have (2) of them in stock, one with medium wood grips and one with dark wood grips. The price tag on them was $460 plus Washington sales tax. I was shocked to see them with such low price tags. I asked if they were used, he said nope new.. I said I am not arguing the price but MSRP is $620 why so cheap. He said we ordered a TON of guns and gun sales have dropped 75% in the past 2 months so we are overstocked and need to sell down our stock so we reduced the price of everything....

So I went ahead and bought it, I will be eating noodles for the next few weeks now haha, i dont have a CCW so I need to wait 10 days to clear but then its all mine (he said my name is not common so it will probably be less than 5 but who knows)

So did I get a good deal?? Please dont tell me I got took ahah.. I got taken big time on the last gun I got and paid $200 more than MSRP because I didnt research prior to buying..

mattsbox99

Hunter
Well, you shouldn't pay MSRP on anything... I'd say you paid an average price but got a gun that was hard to find. I paid $365 for my 22/45 MKIII Hunter a few years ago and $419 for my MKIII Target Slab Side earlier this year. The MKIII Hunter you have normally retails for more than both of my guns, regardless of what you paid, you got a great gun that will serve you for a lifetime and then some.

cbzdel

Bearcat
Good to hear!! Now I just have to decide if I want to scope it or not. I seen some pics of scoped ones and thought it looked pretty nice. THe laser grips would be a "bragging feature" but I think would be worthless for target shooting which is all I plan on doing..

Yeah I was choosing so buy guns, I wanted some 22's in rifle and pistol form and I hear so much about Ruger and they look like they are built THOUGH!

So now I have a 10/22 and the Mark III, and next will get the Charger, and then a second 10/22 to heavily modify...

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
Awesome gun, you'll love it. When I got my 22/45 the guy I got it from brought his Hunter and let me play with it and it was one sweet piece. He also brought his synthetic stocked 77/22 and I truly wanted to take it away from him. I fell in love with that one!

I'm in the boat that says if you want to get another 10/22 to play with, do that before getting a Charger. I've got a Charger and it's a fun gun, but after the novelty wore off it doesn't get shot much. My 22/45 and stock 10/22 get shot a lot more, and I want another 10/22 to modify and play with as I'm going to leave my first one in it's original condition.

Either way you go, you'll have a good time :)

bustamove

Bearcat
That Ruger is anot only a beautiful gun, but it's also accurate as just about anything on the market today. I want to buy one when I get over my recent purchase of a .22 tactical rifle and an AR-15. Needless to say they both set me back to almost the stone age as my poor checking account goes. :(

But the stainless MarkIII Hunter with the 6-7/8" barrel is a flat beautiful gun to say the least. I have a nice stainless Ruger Security Six that the MarkIII will look great sitting next to.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the gun and the way it shoots. Congratulations on your new baby. Enjoy.

twriggen

Single-Sixer
In my neck of the woods that is a very good deal. I just found this hunter and picked it up. My wife has the older MKII slabside and loves her scope. I personally don't like shooting a pistol with a scope on it and was continually getting in trouble for taking her's off. Pistol scopes are not cheap so see if you can shoot one with a scope on it before you go to the expense. I always assumed I would love it with a scope but I found out otherwise.

IMG_9827.jpg

mattsbox99

Hunter
My favorite MKIII of the moment is the 22/45 4.5" Blued Bull barrel target model I paid $250 for, sold the upper for $100, then bought the Tactical Solutions Threaded Pac Lite upper for $285.

Its accurate and reliable and with the suppressor, its very quiet. :D

Latest posts