just a value question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

marlboro man

Bearcat
i've got a 50th anniversary matched set, the .357 and the .44 mag, and was looking to trade/sell them for something else. they are unfired and barely turned, so theres no drag line. saw a few on gunbroker going for about a grand. just wondering if this was the normal price or if they were a bit high...or low? also have a 50th anny 22 with both cylinders, thats a shooter was figuring about 300$ for this one...about right?? Thanks! Joe

well the bad news is that recently there have been "sets" for sale by 'CDNN' in the less than $800 range, of course this is "dealers' price and they have to add "profit, sales tax ,as well as delivery" so would bring them in and around that $1000 mark...these "ses" even have the display case with them...hell of a bargain really, and the numbers are "matching" to boot.........good price on the 22 anniversary Single Six.
Those reices tell us, there were far too many made, and apparently have "leftovers"......

marlboro man

Bearcat
well thats good to know about the .22. and yes i've got the display case with the guns and the matching serial #'s as well. so somewhere between 800 and a grand then. thanks

StanMemTn

Single-Sixer
That looks like a good price on the .22 If there was anyway I thought I could put the money together, I'd be offering to take it off your hands right now.

-Stephen

revhigh

Hawkeye
rugerguy":2uobumu2 said:
of course this is "dealers' price and they have to add "profit, sales tax ,as well as delivery"

Not really ... you as a non-FFL holding individual can purchase the gun(s) YOURSELF through CDNN, have it(them) shipped to your dealer at minimal cost, and then pay ONLY YOUR DEALER'S TRANSFER FEES, (no sales tax at all). I've done it about 10 times. Figure the cost of gun + $20 shiiping + your dealers transfer fees = OTD price. Of course this is assuming that your dealer will transfer a gun shipped to him (from another FFL) reasonably. Mine will do as many as I like for $15.

I think the current CDNN price is $349 for the 357 and $379 for the 44M, making it $728+$20+transfer fees. There may be a cost for the case ... not sure.

REV

Redstick

Single-Sixer
revhigh":mwy6tg6u said:
rugerguy":mwy6tg6u said:
of course this is "dealers' price and they have to add "profit, sales tax ,as well as delivery"

Not really ... you as a non-FFL holding individual can purchase the gun(s) YOURSELF through CDNN, have it(them) shipped to your dealer at minimal cost, and then pay ONLY YOUR DEALER'S TRANSFER FEES, (no sales tax at all). I've done it about 10 times. Figure the cost of gun + $20 shiiping + your dealers transfer fees = OTD price. Of course this is assuming that your dealer will transfer a gun shipped to him (from another FFL) reasonably. Mine will do as many as I like for $15.

+1 on all that from my experience too. CDNN is easy for an individual to buy through on their own as long as CDNN has a copy of the FFL they're shipping to. If they don't have your dealer's FFL, he can fax it to 'em...

EarlB

Bearcat
Those low prices you get the individuals for is for the single guns, you DO NOT get the matched sets for those prices.

The matched sets were (at least when I got mine directly from CDNN to my dealer a month or two ago) $800 plus $50 shipping, plus (don't forget - if you are in Texas like I, sales tax) that puts you at $914 not counting dealer transfer fee.

Shipping ain't cheap on the sets - remember it is in a big box that houses both boxed pistols and the wood case.

Earl