June 21, 1991 Bill Ruger's 75 Birthday, ---New Find

Help Support Ruger Forum:

circlergrugers

Vaquero
Can anyone shed any light on WBR's Birthday Party in Cody, Wyoming. Where there any invitations? What was there for goodies or give-a-ways? Was anyone there to give any information on these questions??

chet15

Hawkeye
I think a lot of it also had to do with Ruger's big gift to the Cody Museum. Not sure they gave away any of the ammo there, but I do believe they gave away a differently tipped (green?) .30-06 blank of the special ammo to everybody in attendance.
Somewhere around here I'd heard how much of the loaded ammo they made also. El Dorado I believe it was.
Chet15

BillRugerAmmoFront.jpg

BillRugerAmmoBack.jpg

circlergrugers

Vaquero
I was told by someone that was there, that there was one blank 30-06 round at every place setting. Does anyone have any of these? Possibly a green tip bullet, but with no primer or powder? Anyone help on this?

chet15

Hawkeye
circlergrugers":1xhl7u1p said:
I was told by someone that was there, that there was one blank 30-06 round at every place setting. Does anyone have any of these? Possibly a green tip bullet, but with no primer or powder? Anyone help on this?

Yes, that's what happened. They were blanks. I only know one person who was there (besides factory personnel), but that individual is no longer with us.
Chet15

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Have a couple of full boxes of that ammo but have never seen or heard about the whereabouts of the blanks. Even a big cartridge dealer/collector I've talked with has yet to see one.

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Ya looking for one of these??? (This is in a plastic holder) I was not there but know of a person who was and seems along with the cigar he also got me a couple napkins and book of matches also. I will just have to locate that stuff. Alot of my memorabillia I have been boxing away..

75year002.jpg

Looking at my notes I think there were 750 boxes produced Est. 15,000 shells. 20 rounds per box. I think they were all green tiped.

chet15

Hawkeye
circlergrugers":38qt3v7e said:

Hey, that's interesting! Ours doesn't have all the 75th Birthday stuff all over it, but....but we did get ours from the ashtray at the Ruger hospitality room one evening after a night at the Shot Show in Dallas, Texas. WBR got up from the chair he was sitting in and left a partial in the ashtray next to the chair. Does that count? We had ours encased in a big piece of lucite plastic.
Chet15