John Taffin book of the .44

Help Support Ruger Forum:

41Dude

Single-Sixer
If you are wondering if it is worth the price (it is not inexpensive)
My opinion is buy it. I feel bad I resisted for years purchasing it until now.
Packed full of beautiful pictures. Top notch shiny paper. (not sure what they call the quality of the paper) Jammed full of loading info. Heavy solid hardcover book.
It is worth the price for all the eye candy photos, everything else inside is a bonus :)

contender

Ruger Guru
I have most of John's books, and I feel they are well worth the price. And I'll admit to being a "latecomer" to reading his stuff. I found it hard to find good writers after Elmer, Skeeter, and a few others passed away. I kinda felt they were "followers" and not innovative. (I did find Sheriff Jim Wilson to be a lot like Skeeter,, but still different.)
But John picked up things after they passed & moved forward.
In my opinion,, the books were not expensive.
Heck, I just got another book by our own Ruger historian,, Don Findley,, that cost me almost $85 shipped. It's called "The Ruger Files" and is very limited in numbers printed. And Don is sold out.

But the book you are asking about, yes,, it's worth it. Besides,,,, John is from Idaho also!

41Dude

Single-Sixer
I have most of John's books, and I feel they are well worth the price. And I'll admit to being a "latecomer" to reading his stuff. I found it hard to find good writers after Elmer, Skeeter, and a few others passed away. I kinda felt they were "followers" and not innovative. (I did find Sheriff Jim Wilson to be a lot like Skeeter,, but still different.)
But John picked up things after they passed & moved forward.
In my opinion,, the books were not expensive.
Heck, I just got another book by our own Ruger historian,, Don Findley,, that cost me almost $85 shipped. It's called "The Ruger Files" and is very limited in numbers printed. And Don is sold out.

But the book you are asking about, yes,, it's worth it. Besides,,,, John is from Idaho also!

Another book worth checking on.

Death in the Long Grass by Peter Hathaway Capstick. (I need to go check the spelling)

African hunting yarns at their best.

xtratoy

Buckeye
I found this pic
1000005216.jpg
ture of him. I almost didn't recognize him with his hat off!
1000005216.jpg