JIF recall

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bear Paw Jack

Hawkeye
I prefer Skippy, which Costco used to carry, now the last few times I've been to Costco it's Jif or nothing. At least I don't have to throw anything away...this time.

Miata Mike

Bearcat
The wife threw out brand new Sam's club 2 pack of extra chunky away without bothering to get a refund. Said there wasn't one offered.

bookemdano

Bearcat
Interesting, I prefer a peanut butter/honey blend. None to be found on the shelves, but alas, Amazon has it, a JIF product. A month ago, Amazon contacted me to tell me to throw it away.:confused:
Try the Dollar Store. They have a Clover Valley Honey Peanut Butter that's better
than Jiff I think.
Dano

gunzo

Buckeye
Wife said our jar was in the recall but we had eaten 2/3rd's of already without incident so I'm not fretting.

I've got some friends doing a contract job at the plant in question. I figure one of them forgot to wear their beard net or something.

OTOH... several jars in storage??? Ours gets old tasting if opened too long. Do the stored jars hold up under a longer term, or past the best by date as long as not opened??? If so, that's good to know, a very good staple, IMO. Please fill me in on this.

AJGUNNER

Hunter
I actually got a recorded phone call from Costco before it was even on the news. They I had bought some in the suspected time frame. About a week later I also got a letter in the mail from Costco saying to just throw it out, and on my next visit I would be reimbursed for the 2 pack I had purchased. Just wish someone had it on the shelf---down to about 1 sandwich and getting nervous about this being the "next shortage" item.

Latest posts