Jeweling, yeah or nay?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

deanodog

Bearcat
Here is a K22 with trigger and hammer jeweled. I didn't do it but it doesn't bother me.
000_0932.jpg

CraigC

Hawkeye
Snake45":3q8lzqfs said:
JWhitmore44":3q8lzqfs said:
Oh my, that's hideous
sa5.jpg
I like that one. :wink:

Don't understand how someone could find that unattractive, but think "dimpling" a revolver hammer like a golf ball might look good. :?
This is definitely highly subjective. For I think jewelling is way out of place on a sixgun with a color case hardened frame and would spend the money to have the hammer case colored.

hittman

Staff member
Yosemite Sam":qiurbrzr said:
So what do you think? Too much bling, along the lines of gold anodized triggers and badly done chicken scratch engraving?

Yuck. Too much bling.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Well, it's too late now: I've sent the gun off and asked them (the factory) to just do the trigger job, no jeweling. What caught my eye originally was not working for me under later scrutiny.

Of course, now that FedEX has failed to deliver the gun to the recipient in over 48 hours - despite having paid for next day service, as required - I don't know what's going to happen. Glad I paid for that insurance...

-- Sam

maxpress

Buckeye
that looks good on the 10/22 i think. i think my main problem is that on a sixgun it pulls the eye off the subject of the gun. kinda like taking a portriat of a child and having a hotpink balloon in the background. no matter how much you try to look at the subject of the picture your eyes are always drawn to that balloon.