Jeff Quinn Memorial Ruger GP100 .44 Special

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
Holy moly! The Ruger Forum is BACK! I can login again! Phew! I've missed ya'll!

I just HAD to have one of the 500 Jeff Quinn Memorial Ruger GP100 .44 Specials when Lipsey's came out with them in Jeff's memory. Very classy of Ruger to do!

Since this forum locked me (and quite a few others) out a couple years ago, I've since stopped paying for Photobucket so I can't post pictures here I guess. I didn't see where I could just upload a photo from my computer of my JQ GP100.

But I did write it up and my photos can be seen here for those who have one or still want one or just really miss ole Jeff like I do:

Holy moly! The Ruger Forum is BACK! I can login again! Phew! I've missed ya'll!

I just HAD to have one of the 500 Jeff Quinn Memorial Ruger GP100 .44 Specials when Lipsey's came out with them in Jeff's memory. Very classy of Ruger to do!

Rclark

Hunter
Nice gun. Blued to boot. So on the score it is tempting.... Problem is I already have a Talo GP100 .44 Special which I rarely use as I am more of SA guy. That said, I also enjoyed going over to gunblast.com and looking up his reviews of my favorite revolvers. Will be missed.

Nice to see you back. I miss your posts. You always had great stories about your guns. I wanted one of these Jeff Quinn Memorial guns, but couldn't find any around Dallas at all. Guess I should have looked at Gun Broker.

Anyway, try Imgur for pictures. It's easy and free. That's what I use. Other use postimage...I think that's what it is. But Imgur has worked well for me.

The Norseman

Blackhawk
The Jeff Quinn Memorial Ruger GP100 44S&W Special is a nice Revolver.

I really like the 44S&W Spl cartridge and this one caught my eye. It is
truly Special.

My Favorite Local Gun Store just got one. Appears very well made. I really
like the Sights and how it points. What is really nice it has the black
plastic box and all its accruements.

This Revolver would definitely be in my Range Bag Rotation. Unfortunately
I had to pass because there are several other Guns I'm getting first.

57springer

Buckeye
To the OP , curious as to what Serial number of 500 you snagged ? I just made it, mine is #491 of 500 . I still have not fired it , not sure of the NIB value down the road .

Rclark

Hunter
Really not in me to leave it unfired anyways
That's me to a 'T'..... If a gun was meant not to shoot, there wouldn't be a hole in the barrel ;) and you could just hang on the wall to admire.... Never made sense to me to 'not' fire a revolver (unless unsafe to shoot of course or of historical value (like an original Walker)).

Last edited:
He knocked $100 off because it had sit in the case since the end of last year.

Attachments

• 822BD4DB-5FBA-4833-B301-5026D3ECB0A9.jpeg
    822BD4DB-5FBA-4833-B301-5026D3ECB0A9.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
Ohio! Way too freakin' close to the city!
I wouldn't mind a Jeff Quinn gun but I'd think that Jeff would want it shot! I always enjoyed his down home reviews and videos. I especially enjoyed his video on home defense 12 gauge ammunition. He shot at pork butts and shoulder meat inside layers of cloth and jeans material to represent what the rounds would do to a human. He basically determined that birdshot could work as well as slugs and larger buck shot in a home defense situation. He commented after taking the meat pack apart to see the damage something like: "The dogs gonna eat good tonight I guess"! LOL

Shotgun Ammo for Home Defense - Gunblast.com

Last edited:

Air-cooled

Single-Sixer
I'd display it unfired if it is something I considered visually exciting. But I don't, so I would definitely shoot it, and remember Jeff for his fantastic videos.