Jacketed Wolfpack

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GoFullAuto

Bearcat
Steel cased wolves, that is :lol:

Mainwolf.jpg

Every now and then I go for the long gun, take out my ex - Austrian issue FAL SturmGewehr 58 and try my hand. Stance was sitting at bench, gun on elbows, only 50 metres (longer ranges are farther away).

Side.jpg

Still a lovely piece of ordnance 8)
Standing.jpg

Well, so-so. The thing was shooting 100% point of aim. but the front post would cover the 10-zone so I kept hovering below said zone... and this was the result.
tgt.jpg

Acting very silly for some showoff :D
f499aa2d.jpg

Ciao!

GfA

wbw2

Single-Sixer
Wow, those STG-58's are quite nice. I just wonder if they are as expensive in Italy as they are here??

GoFullAuto

Bearcat
wbw2":gvlk36h1 said:
Wow, those STG-58's are quite nice. I just wonder if they are as expensive in Italy as they are here??

I bought that in Y2006 for about 700/750 Euro - Bucks (maybe 1.000 USD depending on currencies). Consider it's not a new gun. These are surplus ex - Austrian army guns, minus Full Auto, just one 10-rd magazine, and rebarreled for a new lease of life. Mine is not very well finished, I've seen better samples. But I bought it to be an occasional shooter (and straight it is! :D ), and to just enjoy the HUGE TA - CLACK it makes evey time you cycle the bolt :twisted: :twisted:

Today I bought some more russian ammo for the next shooting. 10 Euros x 20 rounds, Berdan cases, no reload.
The shop (near Florence) told me the Federal 168-grain HPBT target ammo would be 50-Euro per box of 20!!! I must have belched out the Italian equivalent of "hooooooly sssssssss--- mooookeeee!!!" :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

By
GfA

Aeroscout9

Single-Sixer
I used to shoot FAL's alot. It used to be fairly cheap to put one together from parts here in the states. I had two parts guns, a South African R1 and a German G1. The G1 looks like your Austrian STG except it had a different flash hider and sported a wooden buttstock. I got rid of them 3 or 4 years ago and miss them. Now when I feel the urge to shoot some 7.62x51mm I reach for my Saiga .308.

Sin6Sec63451022

Single-Sixer
The original EBR! Mine is an Imbel from Brazil originally, and yeah, they are so fun to shoot. Did you get yours as a kit or do you have to buy them already made there. Mine was built from a chopped gun and a new receiver. And it had to have some of the evil parts changed to US made parts. I guess now it will make kinder and gentler holes in what ever you shoot!